NERO LARP :: Forums :: Main Category :: Home of the Web Guy

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Please Report Site Outages/Access Problems
Go to page       >>  
Moderators: Administrator, KatieMueller, AdamTaylor, jvalenti, Clint, NickDenny, ShellyHollon, KnightofEvendarr, jasonmote, JSchneider, fdhogan, DDS, jvalentinero, BrianCook, dcashel
Author Post
noahmason
Sat Aug 27 2011, 02:16AM
Registered Member #102
It has been reported that some users are still having issues accessing the web site. If you can not get to the site, please send an email to omegacow©gmail.com with the time you encountered the error and the name of your internet service provider and we will investigate the problem.

Thanks very much,
-Noah Mason
dukratha
Mon Aug 29 2011, 04:41PM
Registered Member #9
I had problems almost every day last week. I have taken your email address down and will contact you the next time it happens.
jasonmote
Sat Feb 25 2012, 03:28AM
NERO International Staff
Registered Member #197
The website seems to have lost all the buttons for navigation.
jasonmote
Sat Feb 25 2012, 03:49AM
NERO International Staff
Registered Member #197
Okay after more testing, the website is missing the buttons for me when using Google Chrome. When I open the page on IE, it forces an Adobe Flash update before the page can load, but the buttons are there. Still missing in Chrome however.
Administrator
Sun Feb 26 2012, 09:01PM
Dark Lord of NERO

Registered Member #1
You might need to reinstall Chrome. I use Chrome exclusively, and have no issue viewing the site.
jasonmote
Mon Feb 27 2012, 05:56PM
NERO International Staff
Registered Member #197
I have this same issue on multiple computers and at work and well as home (again on different computers.

The buttons "vanish" for me after I login to the forums. They are there fine if I am not logged in.
HMTaylor
Mon Feb 27 2012, 08:59PM
HMTaylor
Registered Member #22
I think the Admins need an account that is not an admin account so we can see these problems. It could be one account we can all use to check the website for issues. There are several problems reported that I never see, because they are not a problem for my level of access.
jasonmote
Fri Mar 09 2012, 06:24PM
NERO International Staff
Registered Member #197
Okay. Not to be rude here, but this is really getting tiresome. I know this is related to permissions on my account. I have used several computers, several browsers and it is always the same. It also happens on my ANDROID PHONE, which is using Dolphin Browser and has the exact same issue.

Before I login everything is fine (Guest settings) and once I login everything is gone (login profile). This started around the same time I was added to the Chapter Owners board. Can someone please dig into this ASAP?

Because all the navigation is done with the buttons. So I cannot get to certain areas of the website at all (like my PM inbox for example). I have to send myself a test PM and then it takes me to the page LOL

I need to have this fixed, it is more than a minor inconvenience. Thanks in advance!
Administrator
Fri Mar 09 2012, 09:05PM
Dark Lord of NERO

Registered Member #1
There's really no reason this should be happening. There isn't a separate permissions class for a basic member. All members have the same rights, and you getting added as a Chapter Owner only added permissions.

Not to mention, if it somehow works on IE, but no other browser, then it's gotta be browser related. Permissions aren't going to manifest themselves on one browser and not another.

[ Edited Fri Mar 09 2012, 09:08PM ]
jasonmote
Fri Mar 09 2012, 10:15PM
NERO International Staff
Registered Member #197
jasonmote wrote ...
Okay after more testing, the website is missing the buttons for me when using Google Chrome. When I open the page on IE, it forces an Adobe Flash update before the page can load, but the buttons are there. Still missing in Chrome however.

Okay, I should have CORRECTED myself here. NO I was mistaken. It was NOT FIXED and still happened on IE.

Ken Gillis wrote ...
There's really no reason this should be happening. There isn't a separate permissions class for a basic member. All members have the same rights, and you getting added as a Chapter Owner only added permissions.

Not to mention, if it somehow works on IE, but no other browser, then it's gotta be browser related. Permissions aren't going to manifest themselves on one browser and not another.

It DOES NOT work with IE. It does not work with ANY browser. Not IE, Chrome, Firefox, or my phone (Dolphin). It could not, would not, in a boat. It could not, would not with a goat.

It works on ALL BROWSERS only before I login (when I’m essentially a guest user). I can see all the buttons on all browsers. Once I login, then they all go away. This happens at work (where I have 3 computers, XP, Vista, Windows 7), at home (Windows 7), and on my phone. I have cleared the cookies, cache, and deleted all histories. I have uninstalled all the browsers and re-installed them. Nothing helps.

I just registered a NEW account with another email address. Please go approve it and I’ll test if this OTHER account works or not.

Thanks!
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF