NERO LARP Live Action Role Play :: Forums :: Main Category :: Game Races & Cultures

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Updating the Gypsy Race Packet
Go to page       >>  
Moderators: KenGillis, DanComstock, KatieMueller, AdamTaylor, jvalenti, Clint, noahmason, ShellyHollon, KnightofEvendarr, JSchneider, MMeconi_NLV, fdhogan, jvalentinero
Author Post
Nhartmgr
Wed Aug 31 2011, 12:57AM
Registered Member #46
Hello all,

I am in charge of a team which is re-writing and updating the Gypsy Race Packet for National.

We are looking for submissions from PC Clans and Plot teams about the different Gypsy Clans or cultures in their respective regions or Chapters. These will be compiled in the appendix on Clans of Note around Tyrra.

If you have any materials you would like to submit, please do so by e-mail to nerogypsypacket2010@gmail.com.

Thanks,

Tom

[ Edited Tue Oct 25 2011, 11:43AM ]
Nhartmgr
Tue Sep 13 2011, 11:12PM
Registered Member #46
To be honest, the sooner we get your submissions, the better.

This is a project that has been ongoing for over 3 years, and we have put out a call for contributions on every iteration of the National Forums over those 3 years.

Also, if there is anyone on National Plot who could provide us with a write-up of the Oraban plot-line, during which "apparently" upwards of 90-95% of the population of gypsies Tyrrawide was slaughtered, we would be most grateful.

Tom

nerogypsypacket2010@gmail.com

[ Edited Tue Sep 20 2011, 08:13PM ]
HMTaylor
Sun Sep 18 2011, 07:26PM
HMTaylor
Registered Member #22
I'm not sure I'd say that 90% of the Gypsies Tyrrawide were slaughtered, since that plotline was not ran in every region. I guarantee you that maybe 3 players in the southern region would even know what you are talking about, and would be pretty miffed to find out National plot slaughtered their race without anyone knowing. Dan or Mickey could answer this question.

[ Edited Sun Sep 18 2011, 07:29PM ]
Nhartmgr
Mon Sep 19 2011, 09:40PM
Registered Member #46
HMTaylor wrote ...

I'm not sure I'd say that 90% of the Gypsies Tyrrawide were slaughtered, since that plotline was not ran in every region. I guarantee you that maybe 3 players in the southern region would even know what you are talking about, and would be pretty miffed to find out National plot slaughtered their race without anyone knowing. Dan or Mickey could answer this question.

This is straight from Mickey, in his own words:

"Anyway, just a quick note that during the Oraban plotline upwards of 90-95% of the population of gypsies worldwide was slaughtered and some mention of that I think would be cool to put into the revised packet. That population loss obviiously affects chapter territories only to the extent a given chapter wants it to, but non-chapter land gypsies and, in particular, gypsies on the other continents were very seriously genocided."

I am not happy about this take either, but it is how he has presented it to me. The Oraban storyline had no play in Kaurath, either.
KenGillis
Tue Sep 20 2011, 05:01AM
Dark Lord of the Interwebz

Registered Member #1
Just my opinion, but I don't think that anyone should be able to genocide a playable race, national plot or no. Unless you're actually going to eliminate the race from the core rules completely.

I know we didn't even hear about it down here in the south, and you'd think that if 95% of the gypsy population worldwide was eradicated, it would be big news.

silway
Tue Sep 20 2011, 10:16AM
silway
Registered Member #55
Ken Gillis wrote ...

Just my opinion, but I don't think that anyone should be able to genocide a playable race, national plot or no. Unless you're actually going to eliminate the race from the core rules completely.

Just *my* opinion, but I think that members of National Staff should have the basic courtesy and professionalism to spend their time on public message boards doing something other than insulting my time on National Plot.

Mickey
KenGillis
Tue Sep 20 2011, 02:39PM
Dark Lord of the Interwebz

Registered Member #1
Mickey, if I were going to insult you, I'd do it. If you wish to take my generalized statement about how no one should be genociding races as a personal attack on you, feel free, but not on these forums.

We are discussing how an entire race was nearly wiped off the planet, and many of us were never informed of it(world setting stuff should be communicated pretty clearly to all plot teams). Our Gypsies would be aware that their familia have been killed off, but as Heidi pointed out, there probably are two people in total at our chapter or in our region who might know this even happened.

[ Edited Tue Sep 20 2011, 02:43PM ]
silway
Tue Sep 20 2011, 03:10PM
silway
Registered Member #55
Ken Gillis wrote ...

Mickey, if I were going to insult you, I'd do it. If you wish to take my generalized statement about how no one should be genociding races as a personal attack on you, feel free, but not on these forums.

We are discussing how an entire race was nearly wiped off the planet, and many of us were never informed of it(world setting stuff should be communicated pretty clearly to all plot teams). Our Gypsies would be aware that their familia have been killed off, but as Heidi pointed out, there probably are two people in total at our chapter or in our region who might know this even happened.

Based on which world wide communications network? Regardless, you are a National Staff member, and so is Heidi, and both of you are discussing how I ran various plotlines in public. It's sad that you don't see how inappropriate and generally offensive that is to me and persist in doing so. Also, you seemed to have missed the part where it specifically only affected chapters to the extent that those chapters wanted it to so if NERO Wherever wants thousands of gypsies, that was fine.

Mickey
AsheBlackfist
Tue Sep 20 2011, 05:42PM
Registered Member #44
I didn't hear about this and I was involved in the plotline.
dukratha
Wed Sep 21 2011, 07:27AM
Registered Member #9
I hadn't heard of it either, though I rarely play my gypsy and I am not a part of any plot teams.

I think it sounds like an interesting RP thing. Something to get the gypsies riled up (as if they need an excuse) and to get them involved in fighting or figuring out the cause. As long as it doesn't autokill PCs or make it so new PCs can't choose the race (unless the intent was to remove gypsy as a race and make it simply a culture) it sounds all well and good. 90 - 95% seems a bit excessive, but think of the interesting rp you could have...that means most of your actual family might be dead too.

Anyways. Chill.

I had some questions about one of the old packets anyways. It had some rules regarding gypsy curses that don't show up in the rulebook.
A Gypsy may cast as many curses per day as he/she has bought the curse skill: up to 4 times per day. (I assume that means per reset)
A Gypsy may have only one curse active on a particular person at a time, but may curse several different people at the same time

I have always assumed that race packets were roleplay guidelines and did not contain actual rules. That being said, since these rules are not actually in the rulebook, are we required to follow them? Or should we just use them as RP guidelines?
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF