NERO LARP :: Forums :: Main Category :: General Discussion

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
How can I help the Game?
Go to page       >>  
Moderators: Administrator, KatieMueller, AdamTaylor, jvalenti, Clint, NickDenny, ShellyHollon, KnightofEvendarr, jasonmote, JSchneider, fdhogan, DDS, jvalentinero, BrianCook, dcashel
Author Post
HMTaylor
Fri Apr 06 2012, 08:56PM
HMTaylor
Registered Member #22
So, you want to help improve Nero...

Do you have a specific skill set that you think we may need? (web design, marketing, organizational, writing, artwork, etc?) Or a hobby that you feel may contribute to the organization as a whole?

Do you just want to help but don't know how?

Tell us about it!
Please don't let a lack of experience hold you back.
-CRIMSON
Fri Apr 06 2012, 11:30PM
-CRIMSON
Registered Member #18
i just see a huge lack of attendance nationwide. chapters are deemed "good" if they have more than 30 PC's

TV advertisement.

if you guys really want nero to be NATIONAL. we need to see 50 states. 1 chapter per state 2 for the big states. with 100 people in each event.

ive yet to see a NERO commercial on TV.

cons only attract those weird furry kids that wear lightsabers in real life.

fliers never really get printed by the thousands

attendance is the MAIN issue with nero.

because once you have literally thousands of people begging to play nero. then you see all kinds of people crawl out of the woodwork to contribute to the game that will help everything improve. exponentially.

if TV commercials have already been done. then the problem with nero is that we have way too many TV commercials.

[ Edited Fri Apr 06 2012, 11:30PM ]
AsheBlackfist
Sat Apr 07 2012, 01:07AM
Registered Member #44
The chump above me is right. When I get my thoughts in more coherent form, I might send you a PM, Heidi
thorin
Sat Apr 07 2012, 12:32PM
Registered Member #49
i have to agree games of 100 players and above is what i started playing in the n.e.the players are here we just want a game that can function when 100people show up.i wanna see a game like some other combat games where we have large turnouts.this game needs to get over all the petty bickering.i have seen more pissed off people on this board for some rule that someone saw happen once.play it out dont cry dont whine dont adjucate its a game geeesh.
Administrator
Sat Apr 07 2012, 05:23PM
Dark Lord of NERO

Registered Member #1
Well, I don't agree with cons only attracting weird furry kids who wear lightsabers in real life. The main issue with cons is that people go for a variety of reasons, and generally aren't there to find out about new things to do. The guys who are going to meet their favorite actors from Star Trek aren't very likely to head over to the LARP area and try something new. They are there for their thing.

-CRIMSON
Sat Apr 07 2012, 11:41PM
-CRIMSON
Registered Member #18
to be honest. my girlfriend found nero through a con. they bring in a very small amount of people here and there. if the representative is wholesome and excited to show you the ropes. but not what actual advertising could do. the only reason i travel is to see 100 PC events. meet new chumps. whistle at chimps.
Attackgypsy
Sun Apr 08 2012, 02:14AM
Registered Member #79
I've never seen a commercial.

And commercials are really expensive to get done. As in several thousands of dollars.

I don't see that happening.
AsheBlackfist
Sun Apr 08 2012, 02:32AM
Registered Member #44
Attackgypsy wrote ...

And commercials are really expensive to get done. As in several thousands of dollars.

I don't see that happening.

Know what else is really expensive? Like in the several thousands of dollars? Bleeding membership and not seeking fresh blood.
Lananan
Sun Apr 08 2012, 03:51AM
Lananan
Registered Member #30
Feel free to use all or parts of this to make a commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwecEjcaItc

or
(their "fun" version of it)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uGUD7C3sE8

We had a professional film crew come down and do this for free because they were so interested in our game. :)
-CRIMSON
Sun Apr 08 2012, 01:31PM
-CRIMSON
Registered Member #18
and how many players do you have at your super fun time castle events!!!????

Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF