NERO LARP :: Forums :: Main Category :: Game Races & Cultures

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Sarr/Myrr Race Marshall
Go to page   <<        >>  
Moderators: Administrator, KatieMueller, AdamTaylor, jvalenti, Clint, NickDenny, ShellyHollon, KnightofEvendarr, jasonmote, JSchneider, fdhogan, DDS, jvalentinero, BrianCook, dcashel
Author Post
Stripes
Mon Mar 26 2012, 03:39PM
stripes
Registered Member #204
Save for a few stories and vague references to wars with Sand Goblins there is precious little background and history to be had. There is nothing on the origins of Myrr and current relations between the clans and other nations.

I'd be more than willing to assist on a packet revamp if it's something that's been in the works. Sarr seem to be 'out of style' in several chapters that I've frequented but I'd hope that a new packet might rekindle interest again.
BerenOlean
Mon Mar 26 2012, 05:00PM
BerenOlean
Registered Member #33
Please send me an email at Argo.staff©gmail.com about helping with the race packets. I will be putting out another request for help soon.
Attackgypsy
Mon Mar 26 2012, 06:45PM
Registered Member #79
Stripes wrote ...

Save for a few stories and vague references to wars with Sand Goblins there is precious little background and history to be had. There is nothing on the origins of Myrr and current relations between the clans and other nations.

I'd be more than willing to assist on a packet revamp if it's something that's been in the works. Sarr seem to be 'out of style' in several chapters that I've frequented but I'd hope that a new packet might rekindle interest again.

I would love to help as well. I played a Sarr for a long, long time. it was my first character. I only started the gypsy as a break from the Sarr, originally. But Sarr plot bombed out, and the Gypsy plot exploded in the chapter.
fuzzy
Tue Mar 27 2012, 06:57PM
Registered Member #345
Stripes wrote ...

A few more questions have been raised recently.

How do the Sarr in Myrr explain how their casting of Chaos does not harm Tyrra?

What is the explanation for the Asmara School of Necromancy and Weapon-mastery In Durqai when Nercomancy is very illegal and despised in Myrr as a waste of perfectly good flesh?

I also forgot, the only lifespan I've been able to find is for the Ocelots at 7-10 years. It only says it's shorter than the other clans but no others have any hints of how much shorter it is.

1) Sarr explain that necromancy doesn't hurt Tyrra the same way anyone explains that it does. Mine explains that it is actually only the specific aid and creation of undead that is tainted, and many races assumed that all chaos was harmful.

2) Most Myrrans use the term Necromancy as earthen battle magic. A Necromancy school is where someone focuses on offensive earth magic, not creation of undead.

3) Various packets over the years have stated different things. An old packet I had said most sarr live to their early 20s. Another said that some breeds only make it to about 10. More recent ones tend to go with the idea of a lifespan that is similar to a human, so people don't rush to race change when they are close to "the end of their life". Depending on the player and what they've had access to, they will go with what they first learned typically. So the real answer is, everyone has their own answer.

The race marshall, Amy DeVan, has been busy and is trying to get everything to me so I can share it with whoever needs it, though she's been working 500 hour days or something similar.

I do have a copy of the Laws of Myrr that were done up sometime after May 2003, as the last addendum added was that males could attain title.

I know I'm not a national race marshall, but feel free to send any Myrr or Sarr questions to me at grisdorn©aol.com I've played mine since 1997 and hold a myrran title.

pdennett
Tue Mar 27 2012, 07:01PM
pdennett
Registered Member #20
I will say the life span needs to be somewhere North of 20 years as there are PCs who have been playing Sarr for that long. And they aren't close to old age yet.

~Patrick
Stripes
Wed Mar 28 2012, 02:30PM
stripes
Registered Member #204
Many thanks for the feedback! While I've played a Sarr for years myself in another game I'm still feeling my way through the NERO version of them. Plenty is the same, but there are enough differences to take note.

So Myrrans call both the creation and aid of undead as well as chaos battle magic Necromancy? That's got confusion written all over it if you don't mind me saying.

I've been taking a different approach to the 'Chaos bad!' argument as I play a chapter where it's illegal. Using a bit of 'racial superiority' I've explained it as Sarr are closer and more in synch with Tyrra than other races so they're able to understand earth magic far better and cast chaos safely and why other races' casting harms it.

Males are now able to attain title? That's a very drastic change. Is there any way to intergrate that into the existing packet and the reason Myrr changed the law?
Attackgypsy
Wed Mar 28 2012, 04:44PM
Registered Member #79
Stripes wrote ...

Males are now able to attain title? That's a very drastic change. Is there any way to intergrate that into the existing packet and the reason Myrr changed the law?

They got sued?

Sorry, but someone had to say it. 8-)

Actually, I rather preferred the women having the power there. it was something different. I could run around like a maniac and not have to deal with the repercussions as much.

AndrewI
Thu Mar 29 2012, 11:44AM
Owner, NERO New Brunswick
Registered Member #107
I still strongly like the Matriarch society.

One of our lady nobles is a Sarr and there was a young fella thought he'd be funny and call her a stupid pu***. Couple male Sarr came to her defense, his team came to his defense and then every male Sarr came to her defense - reminded me of the O.K. Corral - the player however wanted to curl into a ball and cry for ruining everyone else's game causing pvp (she forgot to realize she didn't start it).

Having played a Gassab in the past it can be fun, but tiring when traveling ;)
Stripes
Thu Mar 29 2012, 02:48PM
stripes
Registered Member #204
I would be willing to bet that most, if not all Sarr players would like to keep their society Matriarchal. There would have to be a really, really good explanation for breaking away from that to be universally accepted. I could be horribly wrong though.

It also gives Sarr an excuse and good reason to fraternize with Drae since they at least have that in common.
noahmason
Thu Mar 29 2012, 03:21PM
Registered Member #102
Not for nothin - but has anyone noticed that there are no explicitly patriarchal societies in Nero, only matriarchal ones? Seems kind of unfair.
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF