NERO LARP :: Forums :: Main Category :: Introductions

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Looking to get back into Boffer LARP'ing
Moderators: Administrator, KatieMueller, AdamTaylor, jvalenti, Clint, NickDenny, ShellyHollon, KnightofEvendarr, jasonmote, JSchneider, fdhogan, DDS, jvalentinero, BrianCook, dcashel
Author Post
IozDedron
Fri Sep 09 2011, 06:59PM
Registered Member #218
It's pretty hard to find any Boffer LARP's living in New York City, especially since the lack of space only provides the ability to run theater/parlor styled LARP's. Seeing that the closest NERO LARP is in Orange, CT, I'm deciding to give it a shot :)

I was curious about the rules though. I usually like to play the Merchant/Diplomat types of characters but saw there wasn't much in the way of crafting or producing various items. Are Chapters allowed to add in items you can create that aren't in the main rules (ex. special Alchemy recipes that have to be purchased or leaned from a plot in order for you to produce them?) Or is what you see, what you get with no exceptions.

I figured Alchemy would have had a bigger list but different LARP's emphasize on different play styles so I don't even know if NERO gets deep into player economies and politicking, just something I was hoping to get the feel and opinions of from veterans around here. Anyways, thanks for spending time to read this and helping me out if ya can!
HMTaylor
Mon Sep 12 2011, 02:47PM
HMTaylor
Registered Member #22
Each game is different as far as the IG economy and politics. I see a lot of politics, but very little PC trading/ selling of items. The Master Craftsman skills allow you to produce much more of whatever you are making, but there is currently no system in place to allow for PC created items/ effects. On the plus side, Nero is Nero wherever you go. If you move out of NY and end up in Florida for example... you'll have 3 Nero chapters to choose from, all playing with the same rules system, and you can play the same character you played in NY.
IozDedron
Tue Sep 13 2011, 07:35AM
Registered Member #218
HMTaylor wrote ...

The Master Craftsman skills allow you to produce much more of whatever you are making, but there is currently no system in place to allow for PC created items/ effects.

So wait, what do Alchemy and Scribe Scroll actually do in game if they don't give you items?
Administrator
Tue Sep 13 2011, 07:50AM
Dark Lord of NERO

Registered Member #1
They do give you items. She was referring to you creating special items that don't currently exist in the system.

IozDedron
Tue Sep 13 2011, 09:10AM
Registered Member #218
Ken: Ahhh, so Chapters can't create anything rules wise for items being made, it has to come from the National folks who make the rules book and stuff? (Sorry if I'm unfamiliar with the terms and titles used for the structure you guys have at NERO)

I do love the concept of being able to visit one NERO event to the next but so far it seems the only one remotely close is Connecticut. I'm surprised there's nothing in all of New York State :(
HMTaylor
Tue Sep 13 2011, 02:23PM
HMTaylor
Registered Member #22
There used to be a chapter in NY, but it closed. :(

And yes, all effects in the game should come from National. We're striving for a unified rules set used across the US.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF