NERO LARP :: Forums :: Main Category :: Game Races & Cultures

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Help With National Race/Culture Packets
Moderators: Administrator, KatieMueller, AdamTaylor, jvalenti, Clint, NickDenny, ShellyHollon, KnightofEvendarr, jasonmote, JSchneider, fdhogan, DDS, jvalentinero, BrianCook, dcashel
Author Post
BerenOlean
Sun Apr 22 2012, 12:57AM
BerenOlean
Registered Member #33
Hi everyone,

I had put up a post regarding this previously, but I still am looking for more people to sign up.

The NERO races and culture packets are in desperate need of updates, and for that we need people.

We are looking for people who know the current races and are willing to go through the current packets. The goal is to clarify the current packets into TWO separate areas.

The first is basic information regarding the race it self. Every character of the race should follow these items, such as how their racial abilities work, lifespan, use of language, etc.

The second area is for all of the different cultures. These sections should be written by chapters or people who create their own cultures. For example we want to see a culture packet regarding Dwarves from Syrinx, Gypsies from Ravenholt, and Elves from Elysia, so on and so forth.

Each of these culture packets will include contact information, so that players from any area can contact the person in charge of that culture and use it. This interaction will keep the cultures consistent by both players and culture staff.

The goal of this entire project is to clarify misconceptions people have with the current races, help support new players to the game, and make the races feel more realistic and dynamic in the game world.

I have had a lot of people show interest in this, but we haven't had a united place to discuss and work. Thanks to Heidi and the national staff, we now have a place to do so. Please post here that you are interested, what race(s) you would be interesting in working on, and what experience (basic info) you have regarding them.

I look forward to working with many of you.
CarolG
Fri Apr 27 2012, 01:40PM
Registered Member #309
I helped out a bit for the re-vamping of the Gypsy race packet that the people up north were doing. Any word on how that's working out? Last I heard they were finalizing it.
BerenOlean
Fri Apr 27 2012, 04:41PM
BerenOlean
Registered Member #33
I will be contacting them later today actually. I can discuss that more afterwards.
FeldsparChilox
Tue May 01 2012, 09:14PM
Registered Member #135
Hi Beren, a couple links to help from NERO Elkins WV
Our gypsies - http://dalantia.webs.com/
Our Barbarians/Wild Elves - http://eighttribesoffire.webs.com/ - Tho, it's a bit wrong. The tribe is called "The Tribe of Eight Fires"
BerenOlean
Tue May 01 2012, 11:19PM
BerenOlean
Registered Member #33
Thanks Matt.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF