NERO LARP Live Action Role Play :: Forums :: Main Category :: Rules Discussion

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Armour rating/qualifications
Moderators: KenGillis, DanComstock, KatieMueller, AdamTaylor, jvalenti, Clint, noahmason, ShellyHollon, KnightofEvendarr, jasonmote, JSchneider, MMeconi_NLV, fdhogan, jvalentinero
Author Post
Bazil
Sun Jun 17 2012, 12:46PM
Bazil
Registered Member #1537
I was recently told at an event that this line in the rulebook:

ΘΘArmor does not have to be real to count for armor points, so long
as it looks real. (pg 106)

refers to the style of the armor and not the material of the armor. For example, they considered that a leather vest, long coat, or even fully leather trousers did not count as armor because it looked like costuming and not armor. Is this the intention, or was that simply to reinforce the idea that the materials armor is made of must look like the materials it is phys repping (like if you make pickle barrel plate make sure it's painted silver sort of thing)?

Thanks!
Jeff
Attackgypsy
Sun Jun 17 2012, 02:15PM
Registered Member #79
Bazil wrote ...

I was recently told at an event that this line in the rulebook:

ΘΘArmor does not have to be real to count for armor points, so long
as it looks real. (pg 106)

refers to the style of the armor and not the material of the armor. For example, they considered that a leather vest, long coat, or even fully leather trousers did not count as armor because it looked like costuming and not armor. Is this the intention, or was that simply to reinforce the idea that the materials armor is made of must look like the materials it is phys repping (like if you make pickle barrel plate make sure it's painted silver sort of thing)?

Thanks!
Jeff

I would make the attempt to at least make it look real. Add some extra leather patches or something like that.

I have a tab mail shirt. As in Soda can tabs. It counts. Simply because it did take a lot of effort to do, and because I have a back issue, its super light. If I had the money, I'd just get aluminum chain mail, but I don't.
jhayes21
Sun Jun 17 2012, 09:26PM
Janelle Hayes, Owner - PRO
Registered Member #115
I can say that at our chapter, of you have on real leather, you get leather armor. I have a leather riding outfit that I got at a ren fair, it covers my chest, back and the tops of my legs, and it counts as armor. Also, if girls have steel boned corsets, they get armor for that too.
AndrewI
Mon Jun 18 2012, 05:15AM
Owner, NERO New Brunswick
Registered Member #107
Final call falls to your local marshals.

But I agree with Janelle up here, leather is leather is leather is maybe vinyl or even PVC; it's the effort that counts.
This is what allows plastic platemail to exist, pop tab chainmail etc.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF