NERO LARP :: Forums :: Chapter Forums :: NERO Hartford Out of Game

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
NERO Hartford's Kickstarter Campaign
Moderators: Administrator, KatieMueller, HMTaylor, Nhartmgr, AdamTaylor, jvalenti, Clint, jasonmote, JonHauff, LDorray, DDS, jvalentinero, BrianCook, dcashel
Author Post
Nhartmgr
Mon Jul 16 2012, 10:07PM
Registered Member #46
Please check out NERO Hartford's Kickstarter Campaign here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1602149898/kaurath-tenth-anniversary-launch

This project will only be funded if at least $5,000 is pledged by Wednesday Aug 15, 5:54pm EDT.

Please show your support for NERO Hartford and enjoy the various rewards offered for your contributions.
phlidwsn
Tue Jul 17 2012, 07:01PM
Registered Member #92
I like playing Hartford, and I know you need to figure a way to prepay Cedercrest a season at a time. That said, this feels a lot like jumping the shark to me. I see the following ideas as particularly problematic:

- Paying straight cash for production tags and magic items.

- Paying straight cash for on-board in-game extra plot attention.

- Paying straight cash for XP, aka paid plot submissions. And yes, I am aware that this is already a part of the game, I still don't like it.
Attackgypsy
Tue Jul 17 2012, 09:21PM
Registered Member #79
I don't see it that way.

The camp itself is a massive cost. But the facilities are excellent, compared to other camps, of which there are very few, in the area. The camp has been very good to us, and we to them.

Its an attempt to have the funds to make their 10th Anniversary something to remember. I have already pledge money to it. Not a lot, only 25 bucks. But to me, this game is worth it. I would have done it without the rewards.

If you think that strongly about the rewards, pledge anyways, and just tell them to keep the rewards.
Nhartmgr
Tue Jul 17 2012, 10:10PM
Registered Member #46
phlidwsn wrote ...

I like playing Hartford, and I know you need to figure a way to prepay Cedercrest a season at a time. That said, this feels a lot like jumping the shark to me. I see the following ideas as particularly problematic:

- Paying straight cash for production tags and magic items.

- Paying straight cash for on-board in-game extra plot attention.

- Paying straight cash for XP, aka paid plot submissions. And yes, I am aware that this is already a part of the game, I still don't like it.

Phil,

I understand your concerns, but rest assured that all the rewards offered are within the guidelines of NERO International rules. This project was undertaken after consultation with Joseph Valenti, and has his approval.

For those who are interested, here are the rewards as listed on the Kickstarter page:

$1 MINIMUM PLEDGE

PLEDGE $10 OR MORE -- TOWNSFOLK. Listing on the web site as a "Townsfolk" on our Supporters List. This is the most basic level of contribution. Estimated Delivery: Sep 2012

PLEDGE $15 OR MORE -- NPC.1) Listing on the web site as an "NPC" on our Supporters List; and 2) Admission as a cast member (aka 'NPC') to events is free, so this just helps us cover the cost of food, so NPCs can eat the same great food as our paying players (aka PCs). Estimated Delivery: Sep 2012

PLEDGE $25 OR MORE -- RAIDER.1) Listing on the web site as a "Raider" on our Supporters List; and 2) A "Sack of Goodies", assorted item tags and coin plus a random mid to low level magic item. If you aren't attending the game as a player, you can transfer this award to someone who is. Estimated Delivery: Nov 2012

PLEDGE $35 OR MORE -- ACTOR.1) Listing in the newsletter (and on the website) as an "Actor" on our Supporters List; and 2) One short plot submission: players submit a write-up that covers one in-game investigation at no cost. One event blanket of experience points (XP) will be applied to the designated character for their actions (details http://nerohartford.com/?p=285). This is a great way to earn additional XP, even if you can't attend an event). Or, you can donate this reward to another player. Estimated Delivery: Nov 2012

PLEDGE $45 OR MORE -- CORE NPC – As NPC above, combined with ACTOR benefits, and listing in the newsletter (and on the website) as a "Core NPC" on our Supporters List. Estimated Delivery: Nov 2012

PLEDGE $50 OR MORE -- PLOT TOY: 1) Listing in the newsletter (and on the website) as an "Adventurer" on our Supporters List; and 2) Your character will be the victim of an inconvenient, unavoidable and annoying plot line during the 2012 or 2013 Seasons: our choice when. Estimated Delivery: Sep 2012

PLEDGE $50 OR MORE -- KAURATH BOOTSTRAP -- Perfect for recruiting a friend to NERO Hartford, or for someome just joining -- Propose a Kaurathi-born background for your character, and give us some information on your interests and we will adjust your character's background to fit into the long history of Kaurath and integrate you into the backstory of any appropriate current plot lines. This is the equivalent of one long plot submission. (Two XP blankets will be applied to the designated character for their actions. Details: http://nerohartford.com/?p=285). Can be added to other bonuses. Estimated Delivery: Nov 2012

PLEDGE $65 OR MORE -- SPONSOR.1) Listing in the newsletter (and on the website) as a "Sponsor" on our Supporters List. 2) You will be allowed to use two lines of text to plug your LARP group or related business, and link the same, or just receive recognition for significantly helping us out. Estimated Delivery: Sep 2012

PLEDGE $75 OR MORE -- STUDENT/MILITARY ADMISSION: 1) Listing in the newsletter (and on the website) as an "Adventurer"; 2) One (1) admission as a Player Character (PC) to an event of your choice (calendar of events and pre-reg link to be sent after funding). Includes all our delicious meals (late night Friday, breakfast Saturday and Sunday, Saturday lunch, dinner Feast and late night) and a guaranteed cabin assignment; and 3) One short plot submission (developed following our October 2012, event.details at http://nerohartford.com/?p=285). This is the same as the Adventurer, below, but at a price more appropriate to students, active military and veterans. Estimated Delivery: Oct 2012

PLEDGE $85 OR MORE -- NEWCOMER'S JUMPSTART: Available to characters level 8 and below: 1) Listing in the newsletter (and on the website) as an "Adventurer" on our Supporters List. 2) One (1) full admission as a Player Character (PC) to an event of your choice (calendar of events and pre-reg link to be sent after funding). Includes all our delicious meals (late night Friday, breakfast Saturday and Sunday, Saturday lunch, dinner Feast and late night) and a guaranteed cabin assignment; 3) Sack o' Heritage: (a) A long plot submission relating to character's backstory (developed following our October 2012 event). Note: two XP blankets will be applied to the designated character for their actions; (b) A Sack of Goodies based on the character's backstory; and (c) A one year membership in NERO Hartford. Estimated Delivery: Aug 2012

PLEDGE $95 OR MORE -- ADVENTURER. 1) Listing in the newsletter (and on the website) as an "Adventurer" on our Supporters List; 2) One full admission as a Player Character (PC) to an event of your choice (calendar of events and pre-reg link to be sent after funding). Includes all our delicious meals (late night Friday, breakfast Saturday and Sunday, Saturday lunch, dinner Feast and late night); a guaranteed cabin assignment, and 3) One short plot submission, after our October 2012 event (Details http://nerohartford.com/?p=285). Estimated Delivery: Sep 2012

PLEDGE $100 OR MORE -- Limited Reward (2 of 2 remaining)
PLOT MONKEY: 1) Listing in the newsletter (and on the website) as an "Adventurer" on our Supporters List; and 2) Your character will be the victim of a truly nasty, unavoidable and dramatic plot line during the 2012 or 2013 Seasons: our choice when. Estimated Delivery: Aug 2012

PLEDGE $160 OR MORE • Limited Reward (20 of 20 remaining) -- SQUIRE. 1) Listing in the newsletter (and on the website) as a "Squire" on our Supporters List. 2) One (1) full admission as a Player Character (PC) to an event of your choice (calendar of events and pre-reg link to be sent after funding). Includes all our delicious meals (late night Friday, breakfast Saturday and Sunday, Saturday lunch, dinner Feast and late night); plus a guaranteed cabin assignment, 3) One long plot submission, after our October 2012 event (Two XP blankets will be applied to the designated character for their actions. Details: http://nerohartford.com/?p=285). and 4) Raider rewards (see above) Estimated Delivery: Oct 2012

PLEDGE $200 OR MORE • Limited Reward (1 of 1 remaining)
DOOMED BY PLOT: 1) Listing in the newsletter (and on the website) as an "Adventurer" on our Supporters List; and 2) Your character will be the victim of a really evil and unavoidable plot line during the 2013 Season: our choice when. If your character perms, your replacement character gets a NEWCOMER'S JUMPSTART as above. Estimated Delivery: Oct 2012

PLEDGE $400 OR MORE -- • Limited Reward (6 of 6 remaining)
KNIGHT: 1) Listing in the newsletter (and on the website) as a "Knight" on our Supporters List. 2) Two (2) full admissions as a Player Character (PC) to an event of your choice (calendar of events and pre-reg link to be sent after funding). Includes all our delicious meals (late night Friday, breakfast Saturday and Sunday, Saturday lunch, dinner Feast and late night) and a guaranteed cabin assignment; 3) Sack o' Heritage: (a) A long plot submission relating to character's backstory (developed following our October 2012 event). Note: two XP blankets will be applied to the designated character for their actions; and (b) A Sack of Goodies based on the character's backstory; and 4) A basic latex or hybrid NERO approved weapon of your choice from a provided selection. Estimated Delivery: Sep 2012

PLEDGE $600 OR MORE • Limited Reward (3 of 3 remaining)
LORD: 1) Listing in the newsletter (and on the website) as a "Lord" on our Supporters List; 2) A one year membership in NERO Hartford; 3) Two (2) full admissions as a Player Character (PC) to an event of your choice (calendar of events and pre-reg link to be sent after funding). Includes all our delicious meals (late night Friday, breakfast Saturday and Sunday, Saturday lunch, dinner Feast and late night) and a guaranteed cabin assignment; 4) Sack o' Heritage: (a) A long plot submission relating to character's backstory (developed following our October 2012 event). Note: two XP blankets will be applied to the designated character for their actions; and (b) A Sack of Goodies based on the character's backstory; and 5) A Fancy latex or hybrid NERO approved Magic Staff (Max 3 effects / 2 years) of your choice from a provided selection with related quest in 2013 Season. Estimated Delivery: Sep 2012

PLEDGE $600 OR MORE • Limited Reward (3 of 3 remaining)
MAGE: 1) Listing in the newsletter (and on the website) as a "Mage" on our Supporters List. 2) A one year membership in NERO Hartford; 3) Two (2) full admissions as a Player Character (PC) to an event of your choice (calendar of events and pre-reg link to be sent after funding). Includes all our delicious meals (late night Friday, breakfast Saturday and Sunday, Saturday lunch, dinner Feast and late night) and a guaranteed cabin assignment; 3) Sack o' Heritage: (a) A long plot submission relating to character's backstory (developed following our October 2012 event). Note: two XP blankets will be applied to the designated character for their actions; and (b) A Sack of Goodies based on the character's backstory; and 4) A Fancy latex or hybrid NERO approved Magic staff (Max 3 effects / 2 years) of your choice from a provided selection with related quest in 2013 Season. Estimated Delivery: Sep 2012This project will only be funded if at least $5,000 is pledged by Wednesday Aug 15, 5:54pm EDT.

Please show your support for NERO Hartford and enjoy the various rewards offered for your contributions, if you wish.

[ Edited Tue Jul 17 2012, 10:22PM ]

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF