NERO LARP :: Forums :: Main Category :: Game Races & Cultures

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Collecting Data
Go to page       >>  
Moderators: Administrator, KatieMueller, AdamTaylor, jvalenti, Clint, NickDenny, ShellyHollon, KnightofEvendarr, jasonmote, JSchneider, fdhogan, DDS, jvalentinero, BrianCook, dcashel
Author Post
HMTaylor
Wed Oct 19 2011, 07:07PM
HMTaylor
Registered Member #22
If anyone who has answers could post them here I'd really appreciate it. I'm not asking for IG details (though if its public knowledge and you want to share please feel free to do so). Please include the chapter name with your response. Thank you!

1. Does your region or chapter have a Racial homeland/ hub for the following races?

Barbarian
Biata
Scavenger
Wild Elf
Stone Elf
Dark Elf
Mystic Wood Elf
Other Elves (quentari, amani)
Dwarves
Half-Orc
Half-Ogre
Sarr
Gypsy

2. Do your players reference their local racial hub or the national packet when submitting between game actions or talking about their character?

3. If you answered No to any part of question #1, would you be interested in seeing a racial homeland/ center started in your region?
phlidwsn
Wed Oct 19 2011, 09:19PM
Registered Member #92
Well, I'll grab the low hanging fruit here. Ravenholt / Nero Mass has the National home of the Mystic Wood Elves within its duchy, namely the Mystic Wood. Thus local=national for packets, etc.
AsheBlackfist
Wed Oct 19 2011, 10:53PM
Registered Member #44
that's not completely true Phil. There's a bunch of other packets for other areas, some who claim to not be from the mystic wood. Neridia does, and I know I had one written up for volta also a millenia ago.
silway
Thu Oct 20 2011, 12:23PM
silway
Registered Member #55
He's saying that for NERO Massachusetts referencing the local packet is referencing the national one, which is correct. Same thing with stone elves.
phlidwsn
Thu Oct 20 2011, 06:48PM
Registered Member #92
Indeed, the Local is the National, not the National is the local as it were
AsheBlackfist
Fri Oct 21 2011, 12:22AM
Registered Member #44
beg pardon then, my miscommunication
HMTaylor
Mon Oct 24 2011, 09:52PM
HMTaylor
Registered Member #22
However, the national packets are not up to date with current events. Since Ravenholt's packet is the national one, players use it. And they don't get any news or current events about what is/ has happened thru local plot. Like, I just learned that the Mystic wood has burned down a few times. Since that is not common knowledge, there are players down here who "go home" to the mystic wood between events... and have no clue. Thus, the need for local areas (or nationally controlled areas), and the need to know how many chapters already have local areas.
Nhartmgr
Tue Oct 25 2011, 05:22PM
Registered Member #46
This lends itself to the idea of maintaining a wiki for each race, the main entry can be based on the current National Race Packet, and it can have subsections per region/culture/clan/tribe/etc.

For example, Kaurath's Kasember Province is home to the Vaeltaa, the Kaurathi Gypsies, and both Briar Hollow and Sennaught are Hobling Provinces, among others.

If we were to maintain a Wiki, then we could upload the relevant racial/cultural information from different Chapters' Player's Guides to one central place that can be readily updated and accessed by any players or staff, as new IG and OOG information becomes available.
HMTaylor
Sun Oct 30 2011, 03:46PM
HMTaylor
Registered Member #22
I love that idea! I know it is a massive amount of information, which for now is why I'm looking for yes/no answers. Sadly I do not have the ability to create a wiki, and Tyrrapedia / national wiki is not up and running yet.
FeldsparChilox
Tue May 01 2012, 09:08PM
Registered Member #135
For NERO Elkins WV

1. Does your region or chapter have a Racial homeland/ hub for the following races?
Barbarian - Yes
Biata - No
Scavenger - Kind of (It's there, but we haven't played much with it and no PC scavengers are from it atm)
Wild Elf - Yes (with the Barbarians)
Stone Elf - No
Dark Elf - Yes
Mystic Wood Elf -No
Other Elves (quentari, amani) - No
Dwarves - No
Half-Orc - No
Half-Ogre - No
Sarr - No
Gypsy - Yes (Most of Dalantia is Gypsy homeland)
Human - Aha! Didn't mention that! But, no.
Hobling - Nohow.

2. Do your players reference their local racial hub or the national packet when submitting between game actions or talking about their character?
Most local.

3. If you answered No to any part of question #1, would you be interested in seeing a racial homeland/ center started in your region?
Pretty established in our areas. Would be hard to add in a whole race in the local area.
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF