NERO LARP :: Forums :: Main Category :: General Discussion

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
folding@home
Go to page   <<        >>  
Moderators: Administrator, KatieMueller, AdamTaylor, jvalenti, Clint, NickDenny, ShellyHollon, KnightofEvendarr, jasonmote, JSchneider, fdhogan, DDS, jvalentinero, BrianCook, dcashel
Author Post
jhayes21
Wed Oct 17 2012, 04:44AM
Janelle Hayes, Owner - PRO
Registered Member #115
How are we supposed to confirm that a player has signed up for folding@home and is still actively contributing? This seems like a great idea, but really hard to "police" for lack of a better word.
jasonmote
Wed Oct 17 2012, 11:08PM
NERO International Staff
Registered Member #197
This is why I suggested the someone from National need to manage this project. I don't want to have to track this stuff and I don't want the "goblin point hit" to fund it from my numbers. Now that we're pulling goblin point numbers in the new gob system, I would not want artificially inflated numbers to show up.
psychie
Thu Oct 18 2012, 12:23PM
Slappy Mountain-Giant
Registered Member #1106
seriously,could someone please tell me the team number!
noahmason
Thu Oct 18 2012, 01:51PM
Registered Member #102
The team number is actually in the very first post at the beginning of this thread. It's 221485, or you can just search for it by the team name NeroInternational. Simply tell your chapter's character administrator what your account name is for folding@home and we can verify it on the team stats page.
jmosborne
Thu Oct 18 2012, 03:59PM
jmosborne
Registered Member #4287
I would agree with this National DB toggle as well. As was said, if local chapters are being monitored now on Goblin awards, points that are issued by National edict should be issued directly by national.

Set it up to have it as a toggle switch, have somebody from National verify that they've joined the team and have contributed to the project, then it's out of local hands completely.
bill
Sat Oct 20 2012, 12:23PM
bill
Registered Member #25
I understand the concern about this.
I am still working to update the system (i do have a full time job).
BUT until I have a chance to finish it up I am asking that the local admins handle it for now.
The best way to take care of it is to add in the points and put in Folding@home as the reason/comment.
This way if anyone runs an audit they will see the comment and it won't count against the local numbers.

Again this is just a "patch" for now and I hope to have time to get this updated in the db very soon.

Thank You
Bill Taylor
jasonmote
Sat Oct 20 2012, 01:35PM
NERO International Staff
Registered Member #197
Thanks for the communication Bill. This is the first real answer anyone has offered.

Jason Mote
thejoshgray
Tue Jul 23 2013, 05:44PM
thejoshgray
Registered Member #136
/bump

Will there be a National Staff member assigned to this, or will it remain in the jurisdiction of local logistics-persons? Is there a way to verify it or is it a trust thing?

Just checking.
jvalenti
Sat Aug 03 2013, 04:01AM
Joseph Valenti

Registered Member #68
I'll look into this. we'll get it setup in the db - and we';ll see about how easy it is to track. I think we'll just add a set of buttons for these types of things, and each month the member will go out and click on the button - yes i was part of the folding at home team - and they'll automatically get their goblin points. We have more of these things rolling out too so we'll need to automate it as much as possible.
thoughts?
thejoshgray
Thu Aug 15 2013, 12:03AM
thejoshgray
Registered Member #136
There's the concern that players will lie about contributing, but I believe in a game with trust so I'd be fine with it. A question I'd have is, how many work units must be completed in the month to be considered as worth the goblins? One work unit? Five? There's a fine line which must be decided on (easy answer is one, and I'd be fine with it).
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF