NERO LARP :: Forums :: Main Category :: Events

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
NERO Vanguard October 12th-14th Evet
Moderators: Administrator, KatieMueller, AdamTaylor, jvalenti, Clint, NickDenny, ShellyHollon, KnightofEvendarr, jasonmote, JSchneider, fdhogan, DDS, jvalentinero, BrianCook, dcashel
Author Post
EvanWPratt
Thu Sep 27 2012, 02:50AM
EvanWPratt
Registered Member #717
Starting this one early!
Who: NERO Vangard Plot Team
What: Oct full weekend 2 day event
Where: Camp Wokanda
620 Boy Scout Rd., Chillicothe, IL 61523
When: 10pm Oct 12th- 11am Oct 14th
Why:3 part teaser, coming soon

Remaining 2012 Schedule:
October 12-14 @ Camp Wokanda
November 9-11 @ Camp Wokanda

[ Edited Thu Sep 27 2012, 02:52AM ]
EvanWPratt
Thu Sep 27 2012, 02:58AM
EvanWPratt
Registered Member #717
Part 1:

A loud crack can be heard across the land.

You stumble and suddenly the land feels askew.

A pain rips across your heart as though a great evil has just occurred.

A rumble follows as though Tyrra herself is quivering.

As you stand and regain your footing all magic ceases to function, although only for a brief moment.

In that split second, Tyrra herself seems to stop as she tries to understand what has taken place.

The land appears to settle but you are left with too many questions to begin to assign answers to.

Slowly you return to the tasks of life but nothing feels the same.

[ Edited Thu Sep 27 2012, 02:58AM ]
EvanWPratt
Tue Oct 02 2012, 03:52AM
EvanWPratt
Registered Member #717
The pub is dark. You order a drink and sit at the far end of the bar. Normal folk steer clear of you. They know what you are, one of those adventuring types: Mercenaries, grave robbers, hired thugs. “They can be scared all they want,” you think to yourself, “they wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for my types intervening to get their lands back from those wretches.” You smirk to yourself and settle into another drink, watching the people around you. Your attention is drawn to two farmers sitting and enjoying a pint at the other end of the bar. Complaining about long days in the fields harvesting crops and how rough it is in lands that undead have defiled for so long, reminiscing about ‘the good ole days’ long since past.

“You know, I'm glad to have gotten the lands back from the Kar'Nal. But they sure did messed the lands up” the first sighs.
Your ears perk up at the word Kar’Nal and you turn your full attention to them, listening closer.

"Yeah, thank the Kingslance and the adventurers for returning it” the second replies, his gaze quickly shifts to you and hastily back to his drink. “but I can hardly get anything to grow these days, Torcen."

Torcen rubs the back of his neck, wearily, "I think they might of missed some, Redth. I can feel them watching me while I harvest and my ass can feel it too, she's giddier than a housefly. I went and told the Kingslance but their trackers keep sayin' they didn't find any sign of them. I swear they's out there."

"Hmm, well... Torcen, maybe you’re just scared of them coming back or something. We all know they are gone though."

Torcen shakes his head, a painful expression crosses his face. "But they aren't, I swear they are out watching my farm right now!"

Redth chuckles and puts his hand up, "Woah there, friend, I think your gettin' excited over nothing. They were all kicked out by the Kingslance and the adventurers, ‘member?"

Torcen glares at Redth, first suspiciously, then his demeanor changes so something more sinister. "I don't remember seeing you with the rest of the refugees! You must be a spy!" He splashes his ale in Redth's face and then begins to club him with the tankard repeatedly. Your mouth gapes open as your body freezes with shock. Redth stops moving. "They are after us! Watching us and waiting to strike! I won't fall for your Kar'nal tricks!" Torcen exclaims as he runs out of the tavern into the dusk.
EvanWPratt
Thu Oct 11 2012, 01:31AM
EvanWPratt
Registered Member #717
Sons of Thanolis! Men of the dale!
The long-watched day is breaking.
Our serried ranks of mace and flail
Shall set the undead quaking.
Our campfires now are burning low;
See to the north an ethereal glow
Out yonder waits the Kar’Nal foe
So chant a soldier song!

You take one last swig of your ale as the bard finishes his song. You get up and find your way to the door, your mind still at unease after last week’s brawl. You look up to the sky, compelled by the deep trouble in the back of your mind and spot a star. There’s something different about this star, as you gaze upon it appears to be glowing brighter and brighter. Abruptly, it falls out of the sky that has held it for so long. As it draws nearer you feel celestial magics rushing all around you and the hair on the back of your neck stands on end. The star burns pink, then blue, then green and finally purple as it falls to Tyrra. The entire sky lights up, like an Aurora Borealis of pure magic. The meteor bathes everything in sight in its light. Finally it lands with a great crash and goes dark, the brightness in the sky fades and the rest of the stars above Old Kingsport glow ever brighter this night.

[ Edited Thu Oct 11 2012, 01:31AM ]

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF