NERO LARP :: Forums :: Main Category :: Costuming

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Costumer here.
Moderators: Administrator, KatieMueller, AdamTaylor, jvalenti, Clint, NickDenny, ShellyHollon, KnightofEvendarr, jasonmote, JSchneider, fdhogan, DDS, jvalentinero, BrianCook, dcashel
Author Post
Gog
Sat Oct 20 2012, 10:23PM
Registered Member #4327
Hey everyone! I'm a costume artist and I desperately want to make some stuff for you guys. I'm and avid D&D player. But I regret to say that I have never larped before.

My costume pieces are unique. No bulky foam or duct tape here. I make a armature out of 14 gauge steel wire. Then, a single layer of spandex is stretched and sewn into place with acrylic yarn. The result is a super light (usually, no more than an ounce on a head-piece.) breathable and semi-transparent. My pieces also will not distort your voice. They are also very resilient. they are immune to water damage and also very impact resistant. They can get distorted under compression, but the steel wire can easily be bent back into place.

I believe my work has a unique style and may not be for everyone. If you want to see my work just check my etsy linked below.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/SethBrenneman

I'm particularly proud of the two dragon mask. Every year, me and my friends gather for a weekend of nerd competitions. We call it Geeks Gone Wild. The two dragons listed on my etsy are actually the first and second place trophies for the "nerf fight".

I hope you guys enjoy it!

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF