NERO LARP :: Forums :: Main Category :: Game Races & Cultures

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Best Gypsy Curse ever?
Go to page       >>  
Moderators: Administrator, KatieMueller, AdamTaylor, jvalenti, Clint, NickDenny, ShellyHollon, KnightofEvendarr, jasonmote, JSchneider, fdhogan, DDS, jvalentinero, BrianCook, dcashel
Author Post
jmosborne
Sun Oct 28 2012, 12:37AM
jmosborne
Registered Member #4287
What's the best (funniest, most embarrassing, most memorable, whatever) Gypsy Curse you ever saw actually used at a game?

My favorite? It was an "uncontrollable action" of ". . .if you do not end every sentence with 'because I am a necromancer'"!

So the victim says "What, that's not fair, because I am a necromancer!" "Remove that curse from me, because I am a necromancer"

He stomps off to find the Sheriff to complain to him. He says "That gypsy cursed me because I am a necromancer". :)

He hammed it up big-time with the gag. I'm sure some PCs would have been poor sports with it, but with a good sense of humor it became an epic gag until it was lifted.

Any other good stories?
psychie
Sun Oct 28 2012, 08:32PM
Slappy Mountain-Giant
Registered Member #1106
I once saw someone *stupidly* consent to getting gypsy cursed WITHOUT knowing what the curse would be beforehand, so he was cursed so that he had to start every sentence with "I fart rainbows" after that he just refused to talk for 20 minutes until it was removed, I felt sorry for him, but if it were me, I TOTALLY would have had fun with it.
AsheBlackfist
Sun Oct 28 2012, 09:55PM
Registered Member #44
I've never heard a funny gypsy curse story, only ones that make me sad that the skill exists.
Attackgypsy
Sun Oct 28 2012, 11:32PM
Registered Member #79
AsheBlackfist wrote ...

I've never heard a funny gypsy curse story, only ones that make me sad that the skill exists.

Then what do you suggest replace it? Some silly resist that makes no sense, perhaps?

Ok, that was sarcasm.

This is not.

What do you really suggest to replace it?
AsheBlackfist
Mon Oct 29 2012, 02:36PM
Registered Member #44
Something needs to replace it?
Dain
Mon Oct 29 2012, 11:15PM
Registered Member #814
Playing a Gypsy for fourteen years now...I have the skill on my sheet. I do not bother to use it because it turns into a bunch of complaints about how something is unfair, or they can't do it...It's worthless. Either that, or it becomes an excuse to kill me as it is the way to remove the curse without having to rp with me to make ammends for whatever "insulted" me enough to merit me cursing you. There has been one occasion that an NPC was cursed, and I had to remove it for plot to continue. While it was a cool effect that most event directors don't use...it still goes against the actual race packet that says I would not remove another Gypsies curse without good reason.

The curse used to be better, in a game long gone. Then it changed to way it is now. Getting rid of it entirely would really just free up wasted build. It isn't allowed to be what the curse should be, so why have it at all?
jmosborne
Tue Oct 30 2012, 03:22PM
jmosborne
Registered Member #4287
I've played an Elf for fourteen years, I'll go over a year at a time without having to call a Resist, it's probably been around a decade since I've been slept or charmed and that's with only 1 resist each. I don't get hit with them often, and to be honest, people see the ears and generally don't throw them.

Racial skills tend to be pretty weak (Except Hobling Dodge and Strongarm, and maybe Resist Poison).

Racial skills are more a small build cost to play the race than anything else.

I've seen Gypsy Curse used a few times to comic effect or for a plot, it's rare, but it comes up. Also, in my experience, knowing a Gypsy CAN curse you, even if it seldom happens, is enough for many people to treat them slightly nicer, or at least avoid seriously cheesing them off.
jasonmote
Tue Oct 30 2012, 11:40PM
NERO International Staff
Registered Member #197
Gypsy Curse someone to wear Clown Shoes. Throw shoes at them. Run.
BorakLogan
Thu Dec 06 2012, 12:46PM
boraklogan
Registered Member #2239
I recently cursed someone to talk our off their hand... Now that was funny
Martin
Thu Dec 06 2012, 03:02PM
Lord Martin William Redawn
Registered Member #1259
psychie wrote ...

I once saw someone *stupidly* consent to getting gypsy cursed WITHOUT knowing what the curse would be beforehand, so he was cursed so that he had to start every sentence with "I fart rainbows" after that he just refused to talk for 20 minutes until it was removed, I felt sorry for him, but if it were me, I TOTALLY would have had fun with it.

The proper response to this would have been:

"I fart rainbows and I grand you the gift of death. I fart rainbows and I grand you the gift of death. I fart rainbows and I call upon chaos to create undead."

Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF