NERO LARP Live Action Role Play :: Forums :: Main Category :: Introductions

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
New player looking for game
Moderators: KenGillis, DanComstock, KatieMueller, AdamTaylor, jvalenti, Clint, noahmason, ShellyHollon, KnightofEvendarr, jasonmote, JSchneider, MMeconi_NLV, fdhogan, jvalentinero
Author Post
mguarino
Thu Jan 12 2012, 02:47PM
Registered Member #404
Hi all,

So I've been playing tabletop RPGs for quite a long time, but I'm completely new to LARP. I'm really excited to try it out; everything I've seen so far looks awesome. However, I'm currently a student at a college in Philadelphia and there don't seem to be any NERO chapters in the area. As I don't have a car, I'm not really looking for the closest chapter to Philly so much as any chapter that's easily accessible by train/bus/public transit/etc. I'm willing to travel pretty much anywhere within say, five or six hours of Philadelphia via public transportation. Could anyone recommend a chapter for me?

If there simply aren't any, does anyone know of non-NERO LARPs that fit the description I'm looking for?

Thanks!

P.S. This is an extremely long shot, but alternatively, is there anyone out there who's planning on attending an event between now and May and passing through Philly? If you drive me to the event, I'll pay for gas!
AsheBlackfist
Thu Jan 12 2012, 05:27PM
Registered Member #44
NERO METRO runs out of northern virginia, from Philly about a 3 hour train ride. it's not particularly easily accessible by train, but lots of nice folks in DC that might be willing to pick someone up from the trains down there.
spicemwe
Thu Feb 02 2012, 02:28PM
Registered Member #177
I believe there is a train that comes through Quantico which is very close to the NERO METRO site. I'm sure plenty of folks would be willing to pick you up and drop you off if given advance notice. I've included the METRO website for your convenience.

www.therendry.com
fuzzy
Thu Feb 02 2012, 02:51PM
Registered Member #345
A commuter train goes through Manassas VA, which many metro people live in or around and could get you to site also if asked.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF