NERO LARP Live Action Role Play :: Forums :: Main Category :: Rules Discussion

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Healing arts/Revive/Regeneration/Undead
Go to page   <<        >>  
Moderators: KenGillis, DanComstock, KatieMueller, AdamTaylor, jvalenti, Clint, noahmason, ShellyHollon, KnightofEvendarr, jasonmote, JSchneider, MMeconi_NLV, fdhogan, jvalentinero
Author Post
Kayse
Tue Feb 28 2012, 03:11PM
Registered Member #539
  • jasonmote wrote ...
    Any effect can be explained with any creature type. In a world of mystery and magic, players should never be looking for rational answers.

Minor pet peeve. Magic may seem illogical and inconsistently enforced in Nero or most fantasy due to writers/marshals forgetting rules and such, but in canon, magic is supposed to be as consistent and logical as physics. Magic may seem 'random' to a lay person, but there should always be a reason why a spell didn't do what it normally does.
-CRIMSON
Tue Feb 28 2012, 03:13PM
-CRIMSON
Registered Member #18
or was it just a simple "hey lets make it to where werewolves can heal up even if they are first aided and kept at zero"

all i see people doing is "healing arts are you regenerating ?" after they death it.

yes

HEY GUYS THIS WEREWOLF IS GONNA REVIVE IF WE DONT KILLING BLOW IT.

HMTaylor
Tue Feb 28 2012, 07:08PM
HMTaylor
Registered Member #22
I've never seen a regeneration or a revive take 5 minutes. Down here, regeneration is 1 minute, and can be done while unconscious. Revive is an instant effect pop-up, you wouldn't have time to ask a HA question. Usually the only way to capture/ kill NPCs with that ability is with something special, ie stake of woe, a specific weapon type, etc.

We have allowed the healing arts question "Are you regenerating?". None of our creatures are immune to healing arts that I can think of.
KenGillis
Tue Feb 28 2012, 08:55PM
Dark Lord of the Interwebz

Registered Member #1
Well, there are some creatures that are immune to healing arts, simply by virtue of being of alien physiology.

I don't think you should be able to healing arts a Fire Elemental, or a Void Tendril. But, if it's close enough to a common creature/humanoid, then sure.

-CRIMSON
Wed Feb 29 2012, 07:33AM
-CRIMSON
Registered Member #18
heidi, you just illustrated one of my points of confusion.

ifi was fightin a werewolf. deathed it. and it immediately said "revive" without dropping down or stopping swinging at me. i would be like "WTF is this chapter smoking?"

-CRIMSON
Wed Feb 29 2012, 07:35AM
-CRIMSON
Registered Member #18
the point being that alot of people either get regen/revive mixed up. play it diffrently from chapter to chapter. or simply use healing arts improperly when dealing with it.

HMTaylor
Wed Feb 29 2012, 02:06PM
HMTaylor
Registered Member #22
In my example, you have to drop, say revive, and then get back up. I would assume with the specification of 5 minutes in 9th edition that you would have to drop, stay on the ground for your death count, and pop up saying "revive" when death count is finished.

It sounds like your main problem is that there is no way to capture/ detain specific creatures that have been given unlimited regeneration or revives. And that is indeed a statting issue. Ideally these abilities should be rare, especially revive. They should not be added to a stat card to "save" the "important" boss NPC from dying. Let them die, let them rez, and then they can come back! I've always been in favor of giving major NPCs a rez bag just as if they were PCs.
-CRIMSON
Wed Feb 29 2012, 07:04PM
-CRIMSON
Registered Member #18
i dont mind seeing monsters that simply cant be contained.

my problem is that PC's are getting revive and regen confused.

and therefore healing artsing it improperly.

heres the scenario

werewolf gets deathed.

PC says "healing arts are you regenerating"

werewolf says "yes"

WHY?

AsheBlackfist
Wed Feb 29 2012, 08:51PM
Registered Member #44
People sometimes make mistakes on rules, but people never visit the forums.

Mention it to them politely, or point it out to the rules marshal or monster marshal. After you make a point of it once or twice, it will likely get fixed.
thejoshgray
Wed Feb 29 2012, 09:36PM
thejoshgray
Registered Member #136
AsheBlackfist wrote ...

People sometimes make mistakes on rules

THIS. I know that when I'm NPCing and only have a minute or so, sometimes less, to memorize a stat card I haven't seen before, I might forget if I revive or regenerate. Also, many people don't read the rulebook in much detail and miss that particular distinction. The best we can do is politely correct people OOG, maybe after a given mod, because yes we CAN just roll with it for a few minutes - if something BAD happens because of it, we have marshals and adjudication for a reason.
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF