NERO LARP :: Forums :: Main Category :: Rules Discussion

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Vengeance vs. Displacement?
Go to page   <<        >>  
Moderators: Administrator, KatieMueller, AdamTaylor, jvalenti, Clint, NickDenny, ShellyHollon, KnightofEvendarr, jasonmote, JSchneider, fdhogan, DDS, jvalentinero, BrianCook, dcashel
Author Post
Corey.Kump
Mon Apr 01 2013, 07:10PM
Registered Member #66
Martin,

1. Seriously?
2. Unless the chapter Rules Marshals find the rules to be vague / to support Vengeance as a defense vs. Displacement, this should be a non-issue. The players in question should be listening to the local rules marshals.
3. This post isn't visible without registering for your forum.
4. I'm going to ping a member of the National Rules team with a link here, in case he hasn't seen it already.
Martin
Mon Apr 01 2013, 07:15PM
Lord Martin William Redawn
Registered Member #1259
Corey.Kump wrote ...
1. Seriously?

Yes, seriously.

wrote ...
2. Unless the chapter Rules Marshals find the rules to be vague / to support Vengeance as a defense vs. Displacement, this should be a non-issue. The players in question should be listening to the local rules marshals.

We haven't been able to get an "official" answer from the local rules folks, either. Hence the reason we raised the question, here.

wrote ...
3. This post isn't visible without registering for your forum.

I would copy the full discussion here, but it is several pages long.

wrote ...
4. I'm going to ping a member of the National Rules team with a link here, in case he hasn't seen it already.

Thank you.

red
Mon Apr 01 2013, 09:58PM
Registered Member #10024
Martin wrote ...

We haven't been able to get an "official" answer from the local rules folks, either. Hence the reason we raised the question, here.

I think I've located the source of your problem.
AsheBlackfist
Mon Apr 01 2013, 11:38PM
Registered Member #44
Martin wrote ...

Should it really take an Act of Congress to get what should be a simple clarification?

Should it really be necessary for a national ruling on something that can be handled on the local level? Local rules marshalls are allowed to make calls on the spot. Their refusal to bothers me way more than national not weighing in at your behest. You do know they aren't at your beck and call, right?
Martin
Tue Apr 02 2013, 12:04AM
Registered Member #1259
I don't expect anyone to be at my beck and call, but as a paying customer I do at least expect to be treated politely and not be categorically dismissed when I have a question. And towards that goal I remain politely hopeful, as I recognize that those who seek to dissuade me have neither the power nor the influence to do so. And however poorly the attitudes of some might reflect upon the NERO community, I prefer to reserve judgment until someone who DOES chooses to respond in their official capacity as a representative of the game.
AsheBlackfist
Tue Apr 02 2013, 02:05AM
Registered Member #44
Categorical dismissal is reliant on acknowledgement and then willful disregard. Your situation is analogous to going to a grocery store that sells strawberries, standing in the middle of the store, and yelling that you want strawberries. Then another customer brings you to the aisle with strawberries, but damned if you won't continue on screaming for a manager, demanding that the store sell strawberries.
Martin
Tue Apr 02 2013, 02:14AM
Registered Member #1259
AsheBlackfist wrote ...

Categorical dismissal is reliant on acknowledgement and then willful disregard. Your situation is analogous to going to a grocery store that sells strawberries, standing in the middle of the store, and yelling that you want strawberries. Then another customer brings you to the aisle with strawberries, but damned if you won't continue on screaming for a manager, demanding that the store sell strawberries.

That makes even less sense than usual, lol. But your opinion, meaningless though it may be, is noted.

[ Edited Tue Apr 02 2013, 02:23AM ]
BillT
Wed Apr 03 2013, 01:02PM
Registered Member #1000
I'd be a little concerned about the precedent that this creates, citing that National has to respond to any little thing and people are just going to do whatever they want until they do.

But I don't have access to the Atlanta Forums, so I don't know how valid the arguments for using a displacement vs Vengeance are. When I first heard it, I suspected people were trying to warp the rules to get the outcome they want.

Tell the locals to handle it.
DavidFrahm
Wed Apr 03 2013, 06:09PM
Registered Member #113
I'm curious as to how this got missed, but the rulebook is not at all unclear on this. Page 88 clearly states that the only "defense" against Vengeance is armor. Even then, unless it was cast by a weak caster, you're going to bite it.

Displacement and Phase defenses, according to that page do NOT work against Area Effect, Contact/Ingested, and Vengeance.

I also love that chart.
JBoyd
Wed Apr 03 2013, 06:18PM
Jerry Boyd

Registered Member #2539
thanks David for posting the simple truth.

RTFM
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF