NERO LARP :: Forums :: Main Category :: Game Races & Cultures

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Stone Elf - mental skills
Go to page       >>  
Moderators: Administrator, KatieMueller, AdamTaylor, jvalenti, Clint, NickDenny, ShellyHollon, KnightofEvendarr, jasonmote, JSchneider, fdhogan, DDS, jvalentinero, BrianCook, dcashel
Author Post
Dusk
Mon Apr 01 2013, 05:12PM
Registered Member #8835
I know that with the mental skill they cant tell if there telling the truth or cant get memories back due to Forget-it elixirs

what exactly is " instill or remove role-playing insanity based on emotions or otherwise "cure" mental damage."

I'm playing a stone elf and want to know examples of what I can do with this skill.
I'm just unsure of what I can do with this skill, I know more of what I can't do.
JBatchelor
Mon Apr 01 2013, 09:01PM
Registered Member #7739
absolutely nothing without the consent of other players.
It is entirely roleplay and must have the cooperation of the other player to get anything done. That said anything that can be roleplayed is possible, more or less.
Dusk
Mon Apr 01 2013, 09:18PM
Registered Member #8835
While your response is appreciated, I find the vagueness and open ended style of the response in no way useful. The answer to my question as in no way brought any insight or assistance to my question. I am seeking clarification and assistance from the gaming community. If answers could give ideas, previously successful uses of the power, or contact information to someone willing to chat with me regarding my query that would be appreciated.

Thank you all in advance for any assistance you are able to offer in this matter! Happy gaming, and may your packets never miss!
BerenOlean
Mon Apr 01 2013, 10:49PM
BerenOlean
Registered Member #33
The skill varies from chapter to chapter. JBatchelor was pretty close to the full answer. Plot/players choose what is acceptableto occur using the skill. I have seen players create brain bombs, alternate personalities, erase memories, trigger emotions, put themselves in others dreams, fix roleplay afflictions, enter and fight in their own subconcious, and all around crazy shit. The power can't work if the player doesn't want it to, so a person who doesn't believe he is crazy and needs help won't likely do it. Plot for the most part determines how useful the skill is, which is cool given it is free.
Dusk
Mon Apr 01 2013, 11:14PM
Registered Member #8835
Thank you BerenOlean that actually was very helpful!
BerenOlean
Mon Apr 01 2013, 11:29PM
BerenOlean
Registered Member #33
No problem. The big issue is, if plot says it can't work, then it doesn't. Even if there is a previous precident. It is a good basis to start on though.
fuzzy
Tue Apr 02 2013, 12:07PM
Registered Member #345
I have been pulled into someone else's mind and forced to fight there (RP fight, not boffer combat, though I've seen boffer mods come from such too). While in the mind I had to defend one mind while holding off 3 others. Another time, I was able to help someone work through RP amnesia (character driven, not plot driven). Later in that event I was able to help someone who had been mentally afflicted by some fae, and before we started the RP plot pulled the other player aside to let them know the "maximum" help I'd be able to give, as in I would not be able to fix things entirely, but plot also said to have the roleplay because it's fun (the plot marshall is the character I had helped earlier in the event).

As unhelpful as the first answer seems to be, it is by far the most correct. If your plot team is willing to play with it, if you can imagine it then it may be possible. That's how I "became" a multi--limbed creature with sword and shield while casting spells as well as using my will to create and alter the environement around me, in someone's head.

I miss playing my Stone Elf now.

Tony "Fuzzy" Lopes
Dusk
Tue Apr 02 2013, 01:25PM
Registered Member #8835
It was more so i was looking for examples as the book doesnt give much to work with, I agree the first answer was correct it wasn't what I was looking for >.<
But the rest have been very helpful
Neville
Wed Apr 03 2013, 12:44PM
Nero Grand Rapids
Registered Member #161
I have attempted to assist with mentally blocked memories, attempted to cure multiple personalities disorder(PC personal plot line), to remove mental insanity place by another mentalist, to enter the hive mind of the Illythid (I do not recommend this) and much more.
Plot allowed me to link multiple minds and then cast High Horoscope in order to share the vision which started a mod and provided so much information.
My interference in some of these matters has caught the attention of some powerful beings like "super" liches and Archons of some of the planes.
My favorite race in NERO is the Stone Elf. So much role play to be had between the mentalist ability and no emotions. People even ask OOG all the time if I am having and I say "absolutely".
JBatchelor
Wed Apr 03 2013, 06:00PM
Registered Member #7739
I am glad that my comment led to a clarification of what you wanted and that you got so much feedback. I personally haven't seen it used much because it needs the cooperation of everyone involved, and gaining everyones consent can be distracting from the in game moment.
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF