NERO LARP :: Forums :: Main Category :: Rules Discussion

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Resist Physical
Go to page   <<      
Moderators: Administrator, KatieMueller, AdamTaylor, jvalenti, Clint, NickDenny, ShellyHollon, KnightofEvendarr, jasonmote, JSchneider, fdhogan, DDS, jvalentinero, BrianCook, dcashel
Author Post
Kroogador
Sat May 25 2013, 01:19AM
Kroogador
Registered Member #133
I'm gonna hafta disagree about the comma thing. By your interpretation, the rule is saying "...allows the character to resist one attack with "physical" in... weapon blow." Which makes no sense.

The key part of this rule is the OR, which separates two thoughts. So it should (in my opinion) be read "allows the character to resist one attack with "physical" in the verbal OR [one] weapon blow. The lack of a comma is irrelevant.

I do agree that spellstrikes should not be blocked by this skill.
JaredVanderford
Tue May 28 2013, 06:48PM
Registered Member #955
Jackson wrote ...

ahh the comma strikes again! See the position of the comma indicates that you can resist an attack with a verbal call of "physical" be it delivered by weapon or packet. So if a spider comes out, throws a packet at you and states "Physical web" you say "resist"! and ignore the effect. or if said spider waltzes up to you and strikes you with its weapon declaring "Physical death"! you call resist and be thankful that you have such an nice skill.

The comma in no way imparts this reading.

The ability allows to resist the following once per day.

One "attack with 'physical' in the verbal" such as a wespon delivered physicalstrike death, and area of effect physical sleep, or a packet delivered physical web.

OR

One weapon blow. Slays and normal weapon strikes would fall under this category.

If the intended purpose is to limit it to such attacks with physical in the verbal, it would not need the statement of weapon blow. The comma is there merely to add additional data not relevant to the type of attacks it can be used against.
jhayes21
Fri May 31 2013, 06:36AM
Janelle Hayes, Owner - PRO
Registered Member #115
PRO has chosen to interpret the rule as anything with the word physical AND any weapon blow.
Nighthunter
Tue Oct 29 2013, 10:20AM
Registered Member #240
So basically "Resist Physical" is a 5/10 point racial Parry (which is a second racial parry after Mighty Slay) that also allows the ability to resist a packet/area effect with "physical in the tagline?

Or is it supposed to only resist weapon strikes with "physical" in the descriptor...ie "10 normal physical drain/web"?

I have seen opinions, but what is the official ruling on this?
Kendrick
Tue Oct 29 2013, 04:35PM
Registered Member #2142
Nighthunter wrote ...

So basically "Resist Physical" is a 5/10 point racial Parry (which is a second racial parry after Mighty Slay)...

Mighty Slay only gives you the Slay portion of Master Slay/Parry.

Nighthunter wrote ...

that also allows the ability to resist a packet/area effect with "physical in the tagline?

Or is it supposed to only resist weapon strikes with "physical" in the descriptor...ie "10 normal physical drain/web"?

I have seen opinions, but what is the official ruling on this?

I have yet to see an official official post, however most are of the opinion it's a Slay Stopper on top of other physical effects (as Slay is a Physical Effect).

Hope that helps clarify some things.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF