NERO LARP :: Forums :: Main Category :: Introductions

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
'ello there!
Moderators: Administrator, KatieMueller, AdamTaylor, jvalenti, Clint, NickDenny, ShellyHollon, KnightofEvendarr, jasonmote, JSchneider, fdhogan, DDS, jvalentinero, BrianCook, dcashel
Author Post
Kylana
Thu May 23 2013, 04:51PM
Registered Member #17625
I'm yet another one new to NERO, though I have done a small amount of LARPing.

I love tabletop RPGs, and have always wanted to try out NERO -- I'm extremely excited that a chapter is in the works for my area (Blue Ridge).

I love making costumes and look forward to delving into weapons and other such new things.

It's nice to meet all of you!
Traceroo
Thu May 23 2013, 07:30PM
Director, Evendarr Royal Court Story, NERO National Plot
Registered Member #3667
Hi Kylana, welcome to NERO! There are some awesome people in your area gearing up for the new Blue Ridge chapter. I hope you make a bazillion new friends, and have a great time!

You're a really talented artist -- thanks for linking your DeviantArt site. I bet you'll turn into one of those NERO players I really admire who says, "Ya know, I think I'll try out [insert leather working / making boffer weapons / costuming / make-up / airbrushed costumes and/or make-up]," and you create some unbelieveable work of art on your first attempt. I, for one, look forward to that very much! :)

Trace Moriarty
Director, Evendarr Royal Court Story
NERO National Plot

trace.moriarty©gmail.com
Kylana
Thu May 23 2013, 07:47PM
Registered Member #17625
Oh wow, thanks! I hope I can live up to that expectation :3

fuzzy
Sat May 25 2013, 05:48AM
Registered Member #345
Kylana, what area of VA are you in? I have been with NERO for 17 years this June and have called 3 different VA chapters my home chapter at one point or another. I'm also really excited for Blue Ridge to open and see what they have in store, as well as a reopening of the Metro/DC chapter. Feel free to send me a private message if you want. I'm definitely available to answer any questions you might have about NERO in general, or any questions about VA NERO. Heck, I might even be able to get some answers for NERO Blue Ridge specific questions if we're both lucky. Also interested to hear what other larps you have played (especially if they are in VA). I love to hear about other games in the area and have started trying to visit more of them in the area and help however I can.

Tony "Fuzzy" Lopes
Director of Cosmology
National Plot
Kylana
Sat May 25 2013, 10:55PM
Registered Member #17625
Thanks, Fuzzy. I sent you a PM as well, but I'm in Manassas. I figure I have some time to read over all of the rules and figure out exactly what I'd like to play :) I'd like a Druid/Earth Healer build, and am leaning toward MWE, though I'm not sure how useful crafting would be? Would I be better off just roleplaying the artisan aspect and save my points for spells? Is there such a thing as sitting around in the tavern and say, doing portraits of people while they're in between combat? I'd love to help with behind the scenes with costuming/make up/what not, but I'd also like to bring some of that into character if possible.
psychie
Sun May 26 2013, 09:45PM
Slappy Mountain-Giant
Registered Member #1106
For the record, the racial skills in the book are wrong, there are new racials, so if you play a mwe, you don't have to have a craft skill every level like it says, in fact you no longer HAVE to do anything, there are no disadvantages.
Thank you,
Sincerely,
-Jacob Bissey/Slappy-
JamesHallas
Sun May 26 2013, 10:20PM
Registered Member #15346
My character has a rank in Historian because it fits his back story, but if you want to say your not a "professional" artist in game, then you can skip the skill.(but if you sell your art for in game money, I guess that would be the equivalent. Hmm...)
Kylana
Sun May 26 2013, 10:40PM
Registered Member #17625
Thanks, Slappy. I'd seen the new playtest, but that's definitely something to keep in mind. And yeah, James, I wouldn't mind taking crafting up to master and beyond, though I'd like to find a nice balance between that and Earth spells. I do like fighting, too, but I've always preferred a more support-type of role.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF