NERO LARP :: Forums :: Main Category :: NERO Database Discussion

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
New Database Site - Bugs/Problems/Comments/Ideas
Go to page       >>  
Moderators: Administrator, KatieMueller, AdamTaylor, jvalenti, Clint, NickDenny, ShellyHollon, KnightofEvendarr, jasonmote, JSchneider, fdhogan, DDS, jvalentinero, BrianCook, dcashel
Author Post
Rowell
Fri May 24 2013, 04:28PM
Rowell Ka'taan
Registered Member #9224
Please post any bug reports, problems or comments about hte new Database web site here.

Many thanks!
Neville
Fri May 24 2013, 07:55PM
Nero Grand Rapids
Registered Member #161
It looks great. When I was using the system, I noticed that the new racial skills are the lower build cost for everyone. So as a stone elf scholar I could by resist physical for 5 build instead of 10.

When I have more time, I will take another look.

Thanks,

John
Rowell
Fri May 24 2013, 08:26PM
Rowell Ka'taan
Registered Member #9224
Yes, when fixing the price of Read Magic for scavengers, I inadvertently deleted the double costs in the new racial skills. I'm going to be fixing that (and all the other issues with the new racial skills) later tonight. Thanks for the Update.
Blair
Sat May 25 2013, 12:36PM
Registered Member #4296
When signing up can you make the "Secret Question" something that I can choose instead of the 6 preset ones?

Oh and this is just being picky but "Your account is now active. Please use the Login feature to sign onto the web site." Should instead says to use the Sign In feature as the button is Sign In.

[ Edited Sat May 25 2013, 12:39PM ]
Rowell
Sat May 25 2013, 01:23PM
Rowell Ka'taan
Registered Member #9224
I can't have you type a secret question, but I can add more to the list.

Thanks about the Activate page. I've gone ahead and fixed that discrepancy.
Attackgypsy
Sat May 25 2013, 04:22PM
Registered Member #79
Under Gypsy Racials, you can still buy Gypsy Curse.

(I know, I sent this via FB, but I felt it would be proper to put it here)

Bob

Rowell
Sat May 25 2013, 07:51PM
Rowell Ka'taan
Registered Member #9224
According to the Racial Play test document, Gypsy Curse can be purchased once, used an unlimited times per day (at least 1 minute between curses). Only one curse can be active at a time.
Drolefille
Sun May 26 2013, 05:42PM
Registered Member #4352
A couple of things: The password "standard" says that you have to have at least an "Average" password - it accepted my "weak" password so it isn't holding to the "Average" rule. That said, the setting appears to be pretty high - none of my standard passwords make the cut including my banking password - as I was testing them all out for the standard. The only password that worked was one of the most restricted requirement passwords of a pretty long length. I think it's just asking for people to lock themselves out on a regular basis.

Along with the security questions, I'd like to see fewer of the standard "banking" ones as well. Writing our own would be ideal, but I see that's been addressed.

I don't have strong personal reasons not to give out my address/phone number, but I know many people who do. what is the level of security/visibility of those? Why is my phone number needed? Same with address? Yes it's nice for chapters to have but does it need to be "required" to sign up?

That's as far as I've gotten, so there's my feedback so far.
Rowell
Sun May 26 2013, 06:49PM
Rowell Ka'taan
Registered Member #9224
My understanding is that this is the NERO National database, and becomes accessible when a member joins NERO (any chapter of NERO). It's part of the membership fee. The address information is the equivalent of when you sign up for NERO. I will leave it up to the head folks at National to decide whether this is required information (I can turn it off rather easily if they say go).

I apologize if the password requirements seem a bit excessive. I'm used to working in the military domain, where the minimum password length is over 12 characters. ;) I am using FIPS compliant encryption to protect data. Without going into specifics, the encryption I use is also being used in more....secure places.
JamesHallas
Sun May 26 2013, 10:15PM
Registered Member #15346
I noticed that even though I was putting in a password that had both 8 lower AND upper case letters it still told me I was WEAK. My password is actually a insanely long word that has (to the untrained eye) seemingly random letters at the end, and it STILL wouldn't accept it till I added a number at the end! I'm actually o.k. with this, but I did notice that the longer I made it the weaker it was. That's kinda weird. But I respect the Military grade defense, even if I MIGHT of locked my self out. :(
I do that way to often. Thanks for working so hands on with everyone.
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF