NERO LARP :: Forums :: Main Category :: Rules Discussion

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Offical Cosmology?
Moderators: Administrator, KatieMueller, AdamTaylor, jvalenti, Clint, NickDenny, ShellyHollon, KnightofEvendarr, jasonmote, JSchneider, fdhogan, DDS, jvalentinero, BrianCook, dcashel
Author Post
MatthewFleming
Thu Jun 13 2013, 04:13PM
Registered Member #6348
Is this the offical cosmology for the Evendarr campaign setting?

http://nerolarp.com/e107_files/downloads/NERO_LARP_Tyrra_World_Cosmology_Y2003_M03_D20_V08.pdf
JBatchelor
Thu Jun 13 2013, 07:43PM
Registered Member #7739
To the best of my knowledge that is the official cosmology for NERO in general, as much as I detest it.
fuzzy
Thu Jun 13 2013, 09:09PM
Registered Member #345
This is the current and official cosmology at the moment. If any changes occur, a new document will go up and I will make sure an announcement is made here and I will do my best to contact every chapter's owner and plot head so they are aware.

JBatchelor, could you send me a PM and let me know what you detest in it? I had no hand in writing it and currently have no plan to make any radical changes, but I would love to hear thoughts of others.

Tony "Fuzzy" Lopes
Director of Cosmology, National Plot
jasonmote
Thu Jun 13 2013, 11:46PM
NERO International Staff
Registered Member #197
Tony, I'd love to give you my thoughts as well sometime.
JamesHallas
Fri Jun 14 2013, 02:16AM
Registered Member #15346
I think the whole "Air Vs. Earth/ Earth Vs. Chaos/ Chaos Vs. Order" thing is a contradiction of terms. Semantics aside, I think it is a solid basis, but I wish it was a little less Black and White. Chaos is not evil, Necromancers should be calling upon the power of the Void, or something like that, not chaos, which is just the random variations of the universe. Even the magics of death should not be always evil, even it's manipulation into undead. The "against the flow of nature" theory doesn't fly with me ("All the undead caused another cold snap!"). But this is all nit-picking to me. I still enjoy reading it and debating it in-game.
fuzzy
Fri Jun 14 2013, 03:18PM
Registered Member #345
Jason, I am open to hearing everyone's thoughts. The big thing to remember is that this is a cosmology I inherited and one that has been around for the most part for many years, so I am not looking to make sweeping changes, and if any happen, they would take a lot of time and have to get approved by others beforehand. Even without a desire to make major changes, getting feedback to see what might improve from minor adjustments and what might actually need to be addressed as major change is important.

The current cosmology talks about death, darkness, and chaos and explains how earth magic vs chaos magic isn't in a similar role as air vs earth of chaos vs order. It can be confusing for newer players as the same name is used for different things.

Heck, my PC has a very specific view concerning earth vs chaos magics and has a character goal that is nearly impossible because of it because, like you said, it's fun and I enjoy debating my point. My favorite planar plots have been one with much more grey area, so I agree. There will still be some black and white because done right it can also be fun. It's been interesting to see a fire elemental and a water elemental wanting the same thing or each having good ideas and seeing PCs having to keep them away from each other to learn stuff.

Tony "Fuzzy" Lopes
Director of Cosmology, National Plot

[ Edited Fri Jun 14 2013, 03:19PM ]

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF