NERO LARP :: Forums :: Main Category :: Rules Discussion

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Short Weapon Mastery? Or should that be small weapons?
Moderators: Administrator, KatieMueller, AdamTaylor, jvalenti, Clint, NickDenny, ShellyHollon, KnightofEvendarr, jasonmote, JSchneider, fdhogan, DDS, jvalentinero, BrianCook, dcashel
Author Post
benp
Mon Jul 15 2013, 06:40PM
Registered Member #25072
Initially I was confused my this wording of the Hobling racial weapon mastery...

Short Weapon Mastery
Races with this feature have a natural skill with short weapons. Once a character with this feature learns any
weapon skill, that character may then wield all short weapons, without the purchase of the necessary skill. In
addition, characters with this skill may apply all weapon proficiencies and slays that they have to short weapons
they wield.

At first I though, hey cool I can use all "short" weapons! Short swords, short axe, short mace, short elephant shoe, ect...

Then someone told me that it is actually "small weapons" such as dagger and saps. Then I saw that this was the way the database was written and said "all darn there goes christmas".

It seems to me that the Hobling weapon mastery should be "Small weapon Mastery" instead instead of short.

Am I the only person who was confused by this? (not unusual) Or do I, and the DB, have it wrong now?
-CRIMSON
Mon Jul 15 2013, 09:48PM
-CRIMSON
Registered Member #18
pretty sure a short weapon is still a short weapon.

otherwise it would be called a small weapon.

last i checked. the database said "short weapon"

BerenOlean
Mon Jul 15 2013, 09:56PM
BerenOlean
Registered Member #33
yeah Ben, to my knowledge you were right.
BerenOlean
Tue Jul 16 2013, 12:19AM
BerenOlean
Registered Member #33
yeah Ben, to my knowledge you were right.
benp
Tue Jul 16 2013, 01:41PM
Registered Member #25072
Hey Crimson, no one asked you. :P The database appears (to mine own eyes) to have it defined as small weapon even if it "says" short weapon. My Hobling has Polearm and "Short Weapon Mastery". When I use the database to purchase a prof the options are "sap, bludgeon, dagger, two handed axe, polearm".

I didn't know if I should report it as a db bug until I knew what the intent of the racial short weapon mastery skill was.
madhobling
Tue Jul 16 2013, 03:21PM
Registered Member #62
Well Ben it appears you just found a bug with the database. Cause with your prof, you should only be able to buy it for polearm. The dagger, bludgeaon, and sap you don't buy it for, you can just use it with them.

Files

[ Edited Tue Jul 16 2013, 03:25PM ]
benp
Tue Jul 16 2013, 03:55PM
Registered Member #25072
Dang it Files, I don't care about that bug. I just want to know if I should replace my dagger physrep with a short sword.
But I guess you have a point....

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF