NERO LARP :: Forums :: Main Category :: Rules Discussion

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Cantrip pages
Go to page   <<      
Moderators: Administrator, KatieMueller, AdamTaylor, jvalenti, Clint, NickDenny, ShellyHollon, KnightofEvendarr, jasonmote, JSchneider, fdhogan, DDS, jvalentinero, BrianCook, dcashel
Author Post
JSchneider
Fri Aug 30 2013, 05:30PM
Jonathan Schneider

Registered Member #8146
Wait so they are even more vulnerable now? I think I will pass on this...
clintonsnyder
Fri Aug 30 2013, 05:40PM
Registered Member #815
In my honest opinion, the only thing that makes them even slightly better from a tome is the fact that they a more compact and easier to hide. Everyone searches casters for a tome, few people think to search for a cantrip page. Not only that but if they are hidden in places like your boot or a pocket on the inside of your shirt things get a little more tricky for your killer when they are forced to describe their search.
JamesHallas
Sat Aug 31 2013, 12:06AM
Registered Member #15346
"... I search your left pouch...Your right pouch...your boots...your hat...your tunic...your pantaloons...your belt...One I perform a deep cavity search, two I perform a deep cavity search, three I perform a deep cavity search..."
I hope I never have to kill a scholar.

James Hallas
jasonmote
Sat Aug 31 2013, 02:51AM
NERO International Staff
Registered Member #197
clintonsnyder wrote ...

They worked in that manner in 8th Ed.(which is when that ruling/errata occurred I believe) Jason because it was worded that they functioned in the same manner scrolls did, hence the ruling that the page was destroyed when used and took away the ability for someone to break its effect. That, at least in my opinion, did make them significantly more powerful than the tome version. Who wouldn't want a contingency life that couldn't be stopped because you couldn't take away its source? However in 9th Ed. the wording was changed in the following manner:

"In addition to Cantrip tomes, there are also Cantrip pages. Cantrip pages function like Cantrip tomes but are of one use only and will only contain a single Cantrip. A Cantrip Page must be the same size as a celestial scroll. To cast from a Cantrip Page, the caster must read and touch a packet to the Page."

The simple wording change "functions like cantrip tomes" instead of "functions like a scroll" took away that scenario.

Yeah, except that the clarification came after 9th ed.

So looks like we AGAIN need someone to clarify this. Are scrolls one shots? If they are then when you use them you tear the page to signify use. Making the power innate to your character.

Someone official please post and post the reply to the official area. Thanks.
JSchneider
Fri Oct 18 2013, 04:36AM
Jonathan Schneider

Registered Member #8146
-bump
JSchneider
Thu Oct 24 2013, 10:42PM
Jonathan Schneider

Registered Member #8146
Bumpity bump
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF