NERO LARP :: Forums :: Main Category :: Rules Discussion

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Will to Live
Go to page       >>  
Moderators: Administrator, KatieMueller, AdamTaylor, jvalenti, Clint, NickDenny, ShellyHollon, KnightofEvendarr, jasonmote, JSchneider, fdhogan, DDS, jvalentinero, BrianCook, dcashel
Author Post
dalewyn
Wed Aug 14 2013, 02:14PM
Registered Member #29596
"This skill allows the character who has reached the end of their “death countdown” to become “unconscious” instead of becoming “dead” one minute later awaking at 1 body. This is called “Will to Live”. This is an out of game call and can be made regardless of effects on the character. This skill can only be used once per day."

plus

Death Countdown is on page 23 of the 9th Edition rulebook.
You will die unless given First aid or curing within one minute. This one minute is referred to as your “death countdown.”

Does this make "Will to Live" only effective at the end of the 1 minute bleed out time, and not usable if hit with a death spell or a killing blow? When I first read the ability, I interpreted it as being used at the end of the 5 minute go to res count.

Grumbli / Dale

JamesHallas
Wed Aug 14 2013, 11:22PM
Registered Member #15346
Not 100% certain, but I think we have another accidental crossing of terms. I believe Will To Live refers to the (I believe) five minute "need Life spell" count that follows the one minute death count.. There might be a weirdly worded part of the rule that makes it sound like you only have one minute, but you have one and then five. I think I need to double check my PDF on that now.

James Hallas

Amendment: Re-reading the rules, you actually sound right on that, it wouldn't make sense if it lasts till full death, because your body could be destroyed or mutilated in that time, and I don't care how strong your will is, decapitation is kind of hard to fight through! This is all just speculation though.

[ Edited Wed Aug 14 2013, 11:41PM ]
silway
Thu Aug 15 2013, 12:07AM
silway
Registered Member #55
As a side note, you can't really mutilate bodies.
JSchneider
Thu Aug 15 2013, 12:16AM
Jonathan Schneider

Registered Member #8146
Yeah not likes its munchkin so you wont go up a level if you do.
JamesHallas
Thu Aug 15 2013, 01:53AM
Registered Member #15346
According to the rule book you CAN chop off someones limbs, burn their body, etc. Not that there is much use for this but roleplay(you sadistic freak). For example: Gorco Grisselblade likes chopping off his felled foes fingers (one I chop off your finger,two I chop off your finger,...) and making shoddily built sundries out of them. Now, if this felled feller happens to revive, his fingers will disappear when he revives (hurting poor Gorco's business), but I don't think his strength of will will be enough to pull his body back together from across the woods. Just saying.
silway
Thu Aug 15 2013, 04:57AM
silway
Registered Member #55
Where does the rulebook say that?

JamesHallas wrote ...

According to the rule book you CAN chop off someones limbs, burn their body, etc. Not that there is much use for this but roleplay(you sadistic freak). For example: Gorco Grisselblade likes chopping off his felled foes fingers (one I chop off your finger,two I chop off your finger,...) and making shoddily built sundries out of them. Now, if this felled feller happens to revive, his fingers will disappear when he revives (hurting poor Gorco's business), but I don't think his strength of will will be enough to pull his body back together from across the woods. Just saying.

Traceroo
Thu Aug 15 2013, 02:56PM
Director, Evendarr Royal Court Story, NERO National Plot
Registered Member #3667
Traditional wisdom of Marshals has been that if a body is subdivided in that 5 minutes waiting-for-a-Life-spell time, the spirit can choose to remain with one part of the body. So Gorco Grisselblade chops your dead body up like the Black Dahlia, and sends the pieces off with an army of NPCs in different directions. You choose one piece, and go with that NPC. The piece of your body with you standing there is the one that's eligible for the Life spell -- thus eliminating the need to send those NPCs running back all over creation looking for you to let you know you were Life'd.

But then again, I find that much of the "traditional wisdom" of Marshals no longer applies, so I may be full of it. ;)

Trace Moriarty
silway
Thu Aug 15 2013, 03:18PM
silway
Registered Member #55
We got rid of that in 9th. :)

"Please note that there is no mechanism to dismember bodies in
NERO." Page 22 I believe.
JSchneider
Thu Aug 15 2013, 03:54PM
Jonathan Schneider

Registered Member #8146
Yeah so there is no decapitation or any way to separate the body which could make either interpretation doable.
Traceroo
Thu Aug 15 2013, 08:03PM
Director, Evendarr Royal Court Story, NERO National Plot
Registered Member #3667
There ya go then -- 9th Ed rules trumps traditional wisdom and perhaps common sense once more. ;)

Thanks,
Trace
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF