NERO LARP :: Forums :: Main Category :: Introductions

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
New Larper
Moderators: Administrator, KatieMueller, AdamTaylor, jvalenti, Clint, NickDenny, ShellyHollon, KnightofEvendarr, jasonmote, JSchneider, fdhogan, DDS, jvalentinero, BrianCook, dcashel
Author Post
Balkar
Wed Aug 21 2013, 04:00AM
Registered Member #31185
Hello. I am new to NERO and LARPing. I tried the booth at GenCon this year and decided to give the site a try. I'm not sure how much commitment I'll be able to devote to NERO but I want to give it a try.

I am in Henrico, just outside of Richmond VA. So the new Suffolk chapter seems to be the closest to me.
Traceroo
Wed Aug 21 2013, 03:15PM
Director, Evendarr Royal Court Story, NERO National Plot
Registered Member #3667
Welcome, Balkar! I envy you for getting to go to GenCon this year; I hope it was a blast!

That part of the country has a number of chapters within driving distance, and a good crowd of friendly, active players. I'll pass along the advice that the Ravenholt General Manager gave me when I started playing, it's never failed me since: "Know when to run!" :)

Welcome, and have a great time!

Trace Moriarty
Director, Evendarr Royal Court Story
NERO National Plot

trace.moriarty©gmail.com
Balkar
Wed Aug 21 2013, 03:49PM
Registered Member #31185
It was. I was sort of hoping that NERO was a smaller scaled LARP based on my experience at their booth at GenCon. I have friends that played Fantasy Quest back in New York and have heard stories about this style of LARPing. But I guess it makes sense what I saw at GenCon was the best Nero can do in such a situation. I don't exactly have the time, money, energy, etc. for a full LARP that spans weekends and such, but I'm willing to give it a shot. Never know what can happen until one tries.
JamesHallas
Wed Aug 21 2013, 11:39PM
Registered Member #15346
If you can find a veteran player that can show you the ropes and keep you from getting in over your head, it will help you tremendously. But as long as you follow the spirit of the game and be cool, it should all come with time. I hope you enjoy it as much as the rest of us crazy foam slingers.

James Hallas, Crazy Foam Slinger
Balkar
Sun Aug 25 2013, 07:22PM
Registered Member #31185
I have tried emailing the people listed under "FIND NERO LARP" for my local chapters to find out about local events, but my emails are coming back as undeliverable for NERO Virginia (VALOR). Is this an old list of contacts?
JamesHallas
Sun Aug 25 2013, 07:37PM
Registered Member #15346
I believe VALOR is closed, but I could be confusing it with another(the below mentioned sight says Active for the chapter, but has no event lists for this year at all). There is a WEST Virginia chapter named "Elkins" if you're interested. Also, you can check the newer Nero sight (NeroLarponline.com) for more up-to-date info.

James Hallas
dbliss
Tue Aug 27 2013, 07:02PM
Registered Member #9082
NERO Valor is not running events currently, but they are planning to in the future. NERO Metro is starting up events again in the Spring of 2014. NERO Piedmont is running with the next event scheduled for November 15th weekend.

Feel free to message or e-mail me if your in that part of the country and I can be of any assistance.

David Bliss

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF