NERO LARP :: Forums :: Main Category :: Rules Discussion

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Curse of transformation
Moderators: Administrator, KatieMueller, AdamTaylor, jvalenti, Clint, NickDenny, ShellyHollon, KnightofEvendarr, jasonmote, JSchneider, fdhogan, DDS, jvalentinero, BrianCook, dcashel
Author Post
JSchneider
Thu Sep 12 2013, 10:21PM
Jonathan Schneider

Registered Member #8146
It has come up in a few chapters I have been at as far as how to remove a curse of transformation and at each chapter it seems to change. I would like to know what is the official word on how to remove a curse of transformation for continuity sake. I realise that some chapters may way to say "well this is our interpritation" but I am looking for a National level of interpritation on things so we can be the same across the board.

Jon
-CRIMSON
Thu Sep 12 2013, 10:53PM
-CRIMSON
Registered Member #18
depends on the curse

-CRIMSON
Thu Sep 12 2013, 11:04PM
-CRIMSON
Registered Member #18
seen alot of things. a few come to mind (not everything)

lesser werewolves - earth DFM on body before next full moon or a ressurection is required to cure/killing blow with silver at any time/a killing blow with silver followed by a ressurection (since infection is on body)

greater werewolf - earth DFM on body at anytime / wolfsbane / killing blow with silver followed by ressurection

lesser vampire - daylight ressurects and cures/ killing blow with silver/ stake of woe cures and ressurects/ stake of woe cures/ goes away when sun rises/ DFM earth on body

greater vampire - killing blow with stake of woe while active/ earth DFM only/ killing blow with stake followed by ressurection

curse of the mummy - ressurection / earth DFM on spirit or body / remove curse spell

INFECTIONS

cryalea - life spell / ressurection or DFM spirit/body

brood - ressurection / earth DFM on body

other curse of transformations - plot can allow and give benefit plus detriment/ player becomes NPC if they choose to take on the curse/ player is given a timeline of the effects and how they affect character ending result being permanent NPC if they accept curse plotline. basically a countdown for you to retire/kill of your character/become an NPC

the general consensus seems to be an EARTH DFM on almost everything. or ressurect .
AndrewI
Fri Sep 13 2013, 11:45AM
Owner, NERO New Brunswick
Registered Member #107
There is no national level formula for fixing a curse other than resurrection, it's up to the chapter and monster type involved for individual I don't want to die stuff. In my travels many 'fixes' do overlap from chapter to chapter, but if you're cursed by a Were-polar-bear from the Hinterlands during a full moon it might not be the same fix as a Werewolf in Tyrangel.

Curses, Infections and Afflictions can get confusing pretty quick ingame, a good mage/earth guild should know how local "problems" are fixed.
JSchneider
Fri Oct 18 2013, 04:33AM
Jonathan Schneider

Registered Member #8146
Bump Mainly because there has to be a solution other than ressing that can be standardized. I would like to hear from the rules team on this but thank everyone for your inputs.
jvalenti
Fri Jan 03 2014, 01:47PM
Joseph Valenti

Registered Member #68
There is no cure for a curse of transformation except earth destroy formal on the spirit, or resurrection, both which removes it. Chapters have been playing it wrong (giving it to their pals as a good thing instead of it being a bad thing) for so long that it'll need to be corrected when the new transform rules come out.
Gabriel
Fri Jan 03 2014, 01:56PM
Registered Member #8078
The 9th Edition Rule Book states that a life spell may or may not cure the "Curse". Page 90/91. Is this no longer the case or is this still in addition to the above as curse specific?
JSchneider
Sat Jan 04 2014, 07:35PM
Jonathan Schneider

Registered Member #8146
Thanks Joe all I needed to know is DFM does work on a curse of transform everywhere. Makes things simple and even across the board.
jvalenti
Sun Jan 05 2014, 07:20PM
Joseph Valenti

Registered Member #68
This is still in effect, left up to the plot person running the storyline.
"The 9th Edition Rule Book states that a life spell may or may not cure the "Curse". Page 90/91."
BerenOlean
Mon Jan 20 2014, 03:09PM
BerenOlean
Registered Member #33
Joseph, is it still allowable to have additional cures for curse of transformation? For example a vampire may be cured with DFM, Life if allowed by plot, or Garlic/Silver stake before the curse triggers? This allows the players more options (which do not force component use), but always allows the standard fixing methods to work if no other option seems available.

Thank you,

Beren Olean
ARGO

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF