NERO LARP :: Forums :: Chapter Forums :: NERO Rizen (Nebraska) - Out of Game Forum

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
May 2014 Event Teaser
Moderators: KenGillis, jvalenti, jasonmote, JSchneider, CsmithNebraska, DDS, jvalentinero, BrianCook
Author Post
CsmithNebraska
Fri Apr 11 2014, 03:07AM
GM
Registered Member #8339
#The cool mist of the night began to settle on Ember’s Moon. A lone figure, wreathed in the mist, heads for the tavern, his face down cast and covered by a hood. Entering the tavern, he catches no one’s eyes.
Calling to the tavernkeep he exclaims, “Give me yer finest ale good man!”
The tavern keep lifts his eyes, unable to place the source of the voice.
“Barkeep!” the man yells, “I have coin if you have drink!”
As the man jingles his coin purse, the barnman carries a tankard of ale to the man. Setting down the tankard, the tavernkeep holds his hand out for payment. The man, still keeping his head low, pays the barkeep.
“Much obliged,” the man says as he begins to down the ale.
Finishing the ale, the man lifts his face to make eye contact with the barkeep. The tavernkeep stumbles back, horrified by the face he looks upon. The figure lowers his cowl and the patrons of the tavern begin to notice the scene taking place before them. The man, now standing with his arms outstretched, looked out toward the other people in the tavern. His face is wreathed in shadow and two eyes glow bright white in the pitch black darkness. The words — that no man, woman, or child wishes to hear — easily comes to the man’s mouth.

“I grant you the gift of death…. I grant you the gift of death….”
The Tavernkeep falls to the ground, in shock, not sure whether or not he was hit with a spell. When the tavernkeep lifts his head, lucky to be alive, seeing the man is no longer there. The place where the man once stood was now wreathed in darkness.
A note was left in his place:

Things come that you are not possibly ready for adventurers! Save this city or not, there will be death to come for all. The plain has been opened and our people will come forth to reclaim what is rightfully ours. Be careful where you tread.
Signed,
The Hands of Time

The tavernkeep rushes to those hit by the spell of death. He finds that when he touches them, they shatter and dissipate into dust. He inquires if anyone know the people who got hit and dissipated, but people say that they have never seen the group who had been deathed. It’s strange that no one recognized the man or the people who shattered, usually people know everyone that comes through Ember’s Moon. The night has no further incidents and rumours begin to spread of the events that unfolded that night.

A general cry, though, has arisen for the adventurers and the Rangers to investigate. All who inhabit the land of Ember’s Moon now keep on eye on the horizon.

#Posted on the Message Board in the Tavern:
By the authority of Lord Marcus Andalusion

Please do not investigate the happenings of the man who has become known as “The Hands of Time.” All information regarding said happening should be immediately directed to The Kings Bluff Rangers.

# HELLOOOOOO ADVENTURERS AND OTHER PEOPLE WHO DO THINGS! I AM LOOKING FOR HELP IN A VENTURE THAT PERTAINS TO SPELUNKING AND EXPLORATION! IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN HELPING ME WITH SUCH A VENTURE FIND ME SOMETIME! I WILL BE COMING INTO TOWN FRIDAY AND BE THERE THROUGH SUNDAY!!!
Signed,
Roger Lefou

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF