NERO LARP :: Forums :: Main Category :: Rules Discussion

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Gaseous Form Clarification
Moderators: Administrator, KatieMueller, AdamTaylor, jvalenti, Clint, NickDenny, ShellyHollon, KnightofEvendarr, jasonmote, JSchneider, fdhogan, DDS, jvalentinero, BrianCook, dcashel
Author Post
NickDenny
Mon Jun 02 2014, 08:32PM
NERO LARP Staff

Registered Member #122
When in gaseous form you can use no other in game skills other than the ability to solidify yourself.
AsheBlackfist
Tue Jun 03 2014, 12:25AM
Registered Member #44
Why in the world is a clarification like this made on a monster skill? As long as proper calls are made by a monster in gaseous form, it seems like an unnecessary (if relatively obscure and rarely used) decision. A monster can't rift from gaseous form?

And before we get the "when people are transformed" BS, they are operating inside monster rules at that point anyhow, hopefully in a more controlled setting.
bgardner
Tue Jun 03 2014, 12:37PM
Registered Member #11
Someone asked: Can a vampire in gaseous form dodge or phase past an arcane solidify from a stake of woe? The prior wording in the rules only talks about not being able to attack anyone while in gaseous form. It doesn't address defensive skills.
AsheBlackfist
Wed Jun 04 2014, 01:08AM
Registered Member #44
Question still stands.
AndrewI
Wed Jun 04 2014, 11:05AM
Owner, NERO New Brunswick
Registered Member #107
We have those that will take advantage of the way rules are worded on both sides of the fence, from time to time clarification is needed.
Sometimes because the 'interpretation' spreads like wildfire, other times they can happen due to adjudications or even just a flurry of questions about it.
I've personally seen this played both ways in various chapters I've visited and marshals in my chapter have ruled either way on it, due to the way it was worded.

Now it's cut and dry.
noahmason
Fri Jun 06 2014, 08:15PM
Registered Member #102
Thanks very much for this ruling. The way it's worded in the rule book, you can still attack in melee and use any skills or abilities that don't require speech, not only Dodge, Phase, and Resist Magic, but also elemental damage, monster packet attacks, etc. I never saw anyone try to do that while gaseous, but it could have come up so the additional clarity is very helpful.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF