NERO LARP :: Forums :: Main Category :: NERO Database Discussion

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Personal Estate System Testing
Go to page   <<        >>  
Moderators: Administrator, KatieMueller, AdamTaylor, jvalenti, Clint, NickDenny, ShellyHollon, KnightofEvendarr, jasonmote, JSchneider, fdhogan, DDS, jvalentinero, BrianCook, dcashel
Author Post
clintonsnyder
Fri Aug 08 2014, 12:39AM
Registered Member #815
I definitely love that you're taking peoples suggestions as always. You are amazing at what you do sir. I still really wish I wasn't limited on the number of buildings/assets/hirelings though.
Rowell
Fri Aug 08 2014, 12:54AM
Rowell Ka'taan
Registered Member #9224
At the moment, the rooms have basic functionality. As the system is expanded, rooms will have certain features that both affect how your business/home is run (for example, a larger retail space means you can cram more people in to buy more goods), as well as how your personal property ties into the National Estates system (ie, if you have a large bakery, you may get more orders to cater baronial events) and perhaps even ties in with plot.

I'm trying to design the system with a very generic foundation, with lots of room to expand and tie into things in the future. Of course, a lot of this system is intended to help you further develop your character and RP. I mean, it's one thing to claim to own a ship....but it's another thing to actually "own" it in the system, and be able to "trick it out". Also, if you hire a "Brigand" to work for you, he may make 15 silver a month for you in revenue. The system may not say exactly "where" that money came from exactly, but you could fill in the RP story and say you planted him out in back of your bank to roll anyone that stumbled down the wrong alleyway. ;)

[ Edited Fri Aug 08 2014, 01:00AM ]
clintonsnyder
Fri Aug 08 2014, 07:37AM
Registered Member #815
I assume much like all the other options admins have they will also be able to add properties to players who already own them as well correct?
Rowell
Fri Aug 08 2014, 10:42AM
Rowell Ka'taan
Registered Member #9224
Correct, Clinton. Admins will have the ability to Grant Properties and Assets to those that already own them, or gain them through Plot.
clintonsnyder
Sun Aug 10 2014, 06:51PM
Registered Member #815
Other than raising a hirelings salary is there any other way to raise their happiness?
clintonsnyder
Sun Aug 10 2014, 08:05PM
Registered Member #815
Also the thought came to mind about the cases of co-owned estate/properties. I understand that the income will only be based as though one person owned it (aka not making double the income for multiple owners) but would an option so that multiple ppl have access the the bank for one estate sort of like the trustee thing for workshops.

Example: My character and my wifes character currently co-own an estate/properties. We would both like to have access to the estates/properties bank to do upkeep/upgrades to it. If I (or my wife) am listed as the official owner of the estate/properties would either one of us be able to grant the other individual access to make changes?
Rowell
Mon Aug 11 2014, 12:01AM
Rowell Ka'taan
Registered Member #9224
Happiness: All the mechanics for Employee Happiness have not been fully fleshed out (due to the fact that some of the systems will be tied into Weekly/Monthly Events, and the "Big" Estate system). Salary is one way to affect Employee Happiness, but it will not be the only way.

Co-Ownership: That's not in the plan. Personal Estates are personal, per character. There is no co-ownership of personal estates.

[ Edited Mon Aug 11 2014, 12:04AM ]
Rowell
Mon Aug 11 2014, 05:16PM
Rowell Ka'taan
Registered Member #9224
- Added the ability to Sell Properties.
- Fixed several issues when buying Properties, Assets and adding floors to an existing property.
- You can now add Assets (ie, Workshops) to the selected property that has the appropriate workshop room completed.
- Added drop down lists into all panels, so you can change the selected property more quickly.
- Properties that do not generate revenue or expenses (ie, the Camp Site) will no longer generate reports.
- Added a Happiness meter to the Hirelings tab.

Updated the NERO LARP Properties v1.0.0 documentation.

[ Edited Mon Aug 11 2014, 07:50PM ]
clintonsnyder
Wed Aug 13 2014, 09:10PM
Registered Member #815
I seem to be having a problem hiring hirelings. Every time I go to get one it says that I have the max amount already. I'm full up on employees but not Hirelings but it doesn't seem to let me get any even after I click the option to make them a Hireling.
Rowell
Wed Aug 13 2014, 11:52PM
Rowell Ka'taan
Registered Member #9224
Hirelings are specialized Employees. They count toward your maximum number of Employees. You can Fire two employees, and re-hire them as Hirelings.
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF