NERO LARP :: Forums :: Main Category :: NERO Database Discussion

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Personal Estate System Testing
Go to page   <<      
Moderators: Administrator, KatieMueller, AdamTaylor, jvalenti, Clint, NickDenny, ShellyHollon, KnightofEvendarr, jasonmote, JSchneider, fdhogan, DDS, jvalentinero, BrianCook, dcashel
Author Post
Rowell
Fri Apr 10 2015, 02:56AM
Rowell Ka'taan
Registered Member #9224
Jason,

That is a typo. I shall fix that this weekend.
The only property a player can buy directly is a Camp Site. All other properties and assets/workshops must be purchased through the local chapter's logistics, as the character must find the proper channels in-game to gain a property or asset.
Kaeleigh
Tue Apr 14 2015, 06:01PM
Registered Member #48557
So if I have gotten the in game (and out of game) approval to purchase property in an in game location, what is the next step? Does the logistics person have to unlock something? At what point do I then go in and actually purchase the property from my bank?
Rowell
Thu Apr 16 2015, 12:29AM
Rowell Ka'taan
Registered Member #9224
Your local chapter logistics people do the database work to assign a property/workshop to your character. They select your character, select the property type, put in where it is located and the name of the property, then click the "Buy" button, and construction begins.
Clint
Tue May 19 2015, 08:38PM
Registered Member #87
Hello, I'm new to this Estate System, and would like to utilize it for my Plotlines and my PC.

I appreciate the effort that went into structuring the Estate System, and applaud the authors on their efforts. (It has been a desired addition to the Game fr a while now!)

However, I find the costs to be... confusing.

"...A character can deposit money from their character’s bank into their estate bank at a ratio of 1 to 2. For every 1 silver taken from the character bank, 2 silvers are put into the estate bank. For example, when transferring 250 silver from the character bank, a total of 500 silver would be placed into the estate bank.
Conversely, a character can withdraw money from their estate bank into their character’s bank at a ratio of 20 to 1. For every 20 silver taken from the estate bank, 1 silver is put into the character’s bank. For example, when transferring 400 silver from the estate bank, a total of 20 silver would be placed into the character’s bank."

I'm confused as to why the designers simply didn't have it be a 1:1 ratio for buying any of the buildings, and add a "Processing Fee" of 10:1 to anyone trying to "Cash Out" of the system. This would match the current economic system, and I believe remove a level of confusion.

For Example: (As I understand it...)

Master Smith Oliver McClintock wishes to have a Smithy located at The Wall in Kaurath, which includes his personal workshop for his Smithing skill.

Current system:
Property Type - Cost To Build - Average Income - Average Expense
Blacksmith - 200s - 10s - 2s
Personal Workshop: 500s
Cost: 200s + 500s = 700s / 2 = 350s

Proposed system:
Property Type - Cost To Build - Average Income - Average Expense
Blacksmith - 100s - 5s - 1s
Personal Workshop: 250s
Cost: 100s + 250s = 350s

After a year, the Smithy has made:
12x (5s - 1s) = 48s
Oliver decides he wants to withdraw the majority of the profits of the Smithy (40s) to pay for the Hobling Mead Festival. Of course, there are bills that have to be paid, so when it's all said and done...
40s / 10 = 4s

I see the manipulation of money where assets are actually double the cost of what the IG coin is valued at, but worth one-twentieth of that value to be overly complex and confusing. (Yes, I can figure it out, but it makes no sense for me as a Plot Writer to say "Invest 100s and you'll own 200s worth of property, but it'll be only worth 5s to you if you decide to cash out." In fact, it sounds like a scam to me.)

Am I correct in my interpretation? Any insight as to how the costs were determined?

Thank you for your time and feedback.

Kaeleigh
Fri Oct 09 2015, 06:59PM
Registered Member #48557
I noticed there was a change on the types of rooms that can be added/purchased. I had wanted to add a library to my manor but it is grayed out now, along with a larger bedroom and many other options. Was this in error or am I missing something. Thanks!
Rowell
Sun Oct 11 2015, 02:36AM
Rowell Ka'taan
Registered Member #9224
One of two possibilities:

1) Your building does not have enough open room space for the room type, or
2) The room type that you are trying to add is categorized as a business type room (ie, that large library might be a library one might find in a university, not a home).
3) Can you afford the room.
Marstrathin
Sun Oct 18 2015, 09:48PM
Registered Member #2403
I'm not sure if this has been discussed before or suggested but could We (Admins) be given an option to give people a plot of Land to build on instead of starting it for them?

If I am wrong let me know, as all I see is the Admin side, and my Players telling me they can't do anything.

-Mark
Rowell
Fri Oct 30 2015, 02:04PM
Rowell Ka'taan
Registered Member #9224
The reasoning that admins/logistics people have the control to add properties to a character is to make sure the character goes through the proper steps in-game to acquire said property. Buying land, or starting a business should have the permission of the local lord/lady/government/guild. This also keeps the system from devolving into a Facebook style game with no ties to the in-game story/plot.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF