NERO LARP Live Action Role Play :: Forums :: Main Category :: General Discussion

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Selling / Buying MAGIC ITEMS FOR CASH
Go to page       >>  
Moderators: KenGillis, DanComstock, KatieMueller, AdamTaylor, jvalenti, Clint, noahmason, ShellyHollon, KnightofEvendarr, jasonmote, JSchneider, MMeconi_NLV, fdhogan, jvalentinero
Author Post
jvalenti
Sun Mar 11 2012, 03:15PM
Joseph Valenti

Registered Member #68
The Nero office has just started selling magic item and formal component phys-reps for out of game cash.

Thanks to some feedback we changed it to sell only items that expire 1 year from purchase, so that 2 year items can be distributed via the game and made by players.

This will be a test that lasts about 2 years – through 2012 and 2013.

If we stop the program, it will end December 31, 2013, though all items sold will still be good until they expire.

These are the draft Guidelines;

1. The Nero office and NERO Chapters will sell Game Phys-Reps for Cash Money to;
a. Improve the game atmosphere; and
b. Improve revenue generation to increase overall customer base.

2. The phys-reps will include the magic item or equipment tag for use in-game;

3. NERO Members buying better phys-reps will improve everyone’s game.

4. This will Add Phys-Reps to the Game Without Increasing Event Production Costs.

5. Magic Items Phys-Rep with Effects.
a. Jewelry, formal magic components and magic items.

6. Production Equipment
a. Potions
b. Scrolls
c. Alchemy
d. Armor
e. Weapons

7. Under the following PURCHASE limits (We want everyone to have a good time but we also do not want our storylines, mysteries and adversaries to be ‘walked over’ because of an over abundance of formal magic components, production equipment and magic items);
a. Absolutely must have nice phys-rep for the item.
b. Please, no selling just the tag without verification of a proper phys-rep.
c. Phys-reps for swords, armor, shields, etc. are usually made by the buyer, and therefore should be made in-game and not be purchasable for cash.
d. Maximum Two Magic Items per character per year purchased with cash and/or Goblin points.
e. No Triangle Trade – i.e. Purchasing items to give to your friend who will give it to your character.
f. Purchased Magic Items always expire in 1 year or less, and must have 3 or fewer effects.
i. National prefers that 5 effect items be made by players in-game.
ii. National prefers to reserve 2 year durations for Treasure Distribution and player made items.
e. Maximum One-Hundred Formal Magic Components purchased with cash and they must have a phys-rep or they cannot be sold. The idea is to re-use the phys-rep after its purchased.
f. We will add a field that identifies the item as ‘purchased’ so that it is inherently not steal-able.
g. Purchased items are not spirit linked to a player character, but cannot be stolen and are ‘not left behind’ when a pc permanently dies.
h. Found-on-the-ground ‘purchased items’ are not usable by the finder, and should be turned in so we can get the item back to the player.
i. Buying gifts for other people is fine, and encouraged. ‘Gifting’ should not be used to circumvent the limits.

Thus far, we have sold 3 magic items. One person bought two items, one for himself and one for his friend, because - I am paraphrasing the buyer - he and his friend haven’t been able to get a magic item in-game after playing for 14 months.

I have not asked the latest buyer ‘why’ yet but will keep you informed.
jvalenti
Sun Mar 11 2012, 03:22PM
Joseph Valenti

Registered Member #68
Some answer
The reason why the SHOP on the nerolarp.com site was updated prior to any announcement being made was because my worker who put them on the site did so very quickly (actually a good thing) and I found myself too busy to start a conversation with the owners. I figure that I got bogged down in Goblin Point for Magic Item proposal from my staff, Coin Alternative discussions, Bank Discussions (since the owners told the DB guy to add a bank to the DB), and some other topics.

We will be updating the NEROLARP Shop sovenier section this week with better descritptions of the items.

The items are all made by NERO members. We just got a large bunch of awesome leather goods from another player and will be adding that batch to the site.

So, by buying a magic item phys-rep, and getting a magic item tag with it, we are all helping NERO members earn money and we are helping NERO national earn money.
jhayes21
Mon Mar 12 2012, 02:36PM
Janelle Hayes, Owner - PRO
Registered Member #115
I have a few questions. Not to sound stupid, but...

Are these MI's only available through the national site or are chapters encouraged to buy their own phys-reps and sell MI's? If the MI is coming from the local chapter, am I correctassists aiming that it does not come out of Treasure distribution?

If one is purchased through the National site, the tag comes with the phys-rep, right? And National is issuing the tag?

Is the cost of the item based on the quality of the phy-rep?

If someone already has a cool phys-rep, can they buy just the tag? Or does the tag only come with a sold phys-rep?

How do we prevent players from buying cheaper magic items at other chapters?

Just some initial questions.

Thanks,
Janelle
spicemwe
Wed Mar 14 2012, 09:20AM
Registered Member #177
I would love to know what the IG cosmology reasoning for this one is.

"f. We will add a field that identifies the item as ‘purchased’ so that it is inherently not steal-able.
g. Purchased items are not spirit linked to a player character, but cannot be stolen and are ‘not left behind’ when a pc permanently dies.
h. Found-on-the-ground ‘purchased items’ are not usable by the finder, and should be turned in so we can get the item back to the player."
Corey.Kump
Wed Mar 14 2012, 10:37AM
Registered Member #66
spicemwe wrote ...

I would love to know what the IG cosmology reasoning for this one is.

"f. We will add a field that identifies the item as ‘purchased’ so that it is inherently not steal-able.
h. Found-on-the-ground ‘purchased items’ are not usable by the finder, and should be turned in so we can get the item back to the player."

I am fully in favor of scrapping that text. It would make more sense to instead rule that a player may only benefit from one Purchased Item within a particular logistical reset, regardless of who purchased it.

In-Game reason? I agree that there should be something - but a lot of things could make sense in this regard. They could be considered small-time artifacts - and you can only attune one artifact in a short period of time.
spicemwe
Wed Mar 14 2012, 11:54AM
Registered Member #177
Or we could just make them spirit linked or spirit locked, but your idea is pretty good too.
dukratha
Wed Mar 14 2012, 01:32PM
Registered Member #9
If you're going to put in that rule (they can't be stolen) then I would go with linking or locking them as well. Though, I am not sure why they can't be stolen...
spicemwe
Wed Mar 14 2012, 01:35PM
Registered Member #177
I can understand not wanting the item you paid for with OOG monies to be stolen. Maybe provide the option? Some people might be willing to take that risk for an additional effect? Also I think that if you don't want it snatchable at all, it shouldn't be able to be shared either.
dukratha
Fri Mar 16 2012, 07:30AM
Registered Member #9
These items aren't rendered indestructible?
jasonmote
Fri Mar 16 2012, 08:02AM
Director of Policies, Procedures, & Updates - NERO International

Registered Member #197
Yes, they are Rendered (for free also).
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF