NERO LARP :: Forums :: Main Category :: Rules Discussion

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Smithing Production
Moderators: Administrator, KatieMueller, AdamTaylor, jvalenti, Clint, NickDenny, ShellyHollon, KnightofEvendarr, jasonmote, JSchneider, fdhogan, DDS, jvalentinero, BrianCook, dcashel
Author Post
Brakthol
Tue Mar 24 2015, 11:13PM
Registered Member #46353
I don't know if this can apply to the other production types, as I haven't read their rules, but I could really use some help with the difference between Base Production Levels and Production Levels.

I have 3 levels of Smithing skill, and I can spend 3 silver to get 3 more, so each "day" I have available 6 Production Levels (PL), but 3 of those are Base Production Levels (BPL).

What I'm being told is that when I use the smithing skill to improve a weapon or to rapid refit, I've lost the ability to spend a silver to get another level; I believe the reason is due to this line: "...spending base production levels...which were not already used for another purpose."

For example:
At the start of the day, I have 3 BPL and spend 3 silver to buy 3 more PL. I don't spend any of that at the beginning of the day, and go off to combat. At the end of the combat, I spend 1 BPL to rapid refit. The admin team is then telling me that I've also lost 1 PL, because I can't use the BPL to get extra PL while also spending that BPL on a rapid refit.

Essentially it means that when I rapid refit or I improve a weapon, it costs me 2 PL (base+silver). Later, when I get master ranks and a forge, I'm being told that I'm also losing the ability to use those PL if I spend the BPL on something. So that means that a rapid refit actually costs me 4 PL (base+silver+master+forge).

This doesn't seem right, can anyone help me with this?

The way I understand it, it's more like a BPL pool inside of the PL pool. I can use any of the whole PL pool for some things, like building weapons and armour, but I can only use the sub-pool for other things, like rapid refit or improving a weapon. It's not that using BPL limits my ability to use PL, but that I can only rapid refit so many times, and that I have to use the rest of the PL on something else.

Using my example above:
At the start of the day, I have 3 BPL and spend 3 silver to buy 3 more PL. At the start of that day, I have 3 PL that must be spent on making a weapon or armour, and 3 BPL that I can either use to make a weapon or armour, or save for a rapid refit or sharpening a weapon. After combat, I can choose to rapid refit, but that doesn't then "lose" me the PL that I've already spent making a weapon.

A little long, I know, but can anyone help me out?

~Brak'Thol
Brakthol
Wed Mar 25 2015, 12:44AM
Registered Member #46353
Quick edit:
I've been told that my first example is flawed because I would lose those 3 PL regardless. In order to use those 3 PL, that I bought with extra silver, I would need to use them to build something.

New first example:
At the start of the day, I have 3 BPL and spend 3 silver to buy 3 more PL. I spend the 3 PL to build 3 throwing daggers and then I go off to combat. At the end of the combat, I spend 1 BPL to rapid refit. The admin team is then telling me that I've also lost 1 Throwing Dagger, because I can't use the BPL to get extra PL while also spending that BPL on a rapid refit.
AndrewI
Wed Mar 25 2015, 06:48PM
Owner, NERO New Brunswick
Registered Member #107
We've been using it similar to the way you understand it;
You start the day with X levels as per your purchased skill(s).
This X is the total you can replicate via silver, mastery levels and forge/labs.
Then you spend from the applicable pool following the rules for said pool.

It does sound like an interpretation and some clarification might be in order so we're all using the right intention behind the rules :)
NickDenny
Tue Oct 27 2015, 09:22PM
NERO LARP Staff

Registered Member #122
You can use your silver and master levels and so forth to create items even if you use your base levels for rapid refit or sharpening.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF